Problem with reverse

crookone10

Guys, I have a 2013 Rubicon with around 6K miles on it and the other day I was backing out of my driveway which is a somewhat steep incline. As i was backing out i noticed I was sliding somewhat with barely any snow in the driveway and then a loud sound like I was backing over a garbage can or something occured. I stopped the vehicle and got out thinking I had run over something but nothing was there. Ever since then my reverse hasn't had any traction and has slid backing out of the driveway and even on a few flat surfaces. Anyone have any idea whats going on? I haven't been able to spot any damage but then again I'm not as auto mechanically educated as I want to be.

Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
Guys, I have a 2013 Rubicon with around 6K miles on it and the other day I was backing out of my driveway which is a somewhat steep incline. As i was backing out i noticed I was sliding somewhat with barely any snow in the driveway and then a loud sound like I was backing over a garbage can or something occured. I stopped the vehicle and got out thinking I had run over something but nothing was there. Ever since then my reverse hasn't had any traction and has slid backing out of the driveway and even on a few flat surfaces. Anyone have any idea whats going on? I haven't been able to spot any damage but then again I'm not as auto mechanically educated as I want to be.

Thanks

2013, 6k miles? I'd take it to the dealer, if you have internal transmission damage you don't want to wait for it to get worse.

crookone10

That's what I was thinking. Just wanted to check with all the geniuses on this forum and see what they thought might be the problem.

chuckt62

What are the chances that its just been really slick out lately... and the noise you heard was just the e-brake disengaging after being in a bind from the steep driveway?

c

Top Bottom