Another gear question

Grimm_Monstrum

So I have a a 2011 2 door jk with the 3.8 stock gears d30 front d44 rear of course and I'm running 33's I want to Go to 37's I wheel when I often but I do a ton of road driving so what would be my ideal gear ratio that I should run everyone keeps telling me not to go 5.13's but to go 4.56's any help would be much appreciated

steve_r2

So I have a a 2011 2 door jk with the 3.8 stock gears d30 front d44 rear of course and I'm running 33's I want to Go to 37's I wheel when I often but I do a ton of road driving so what would be my ideal gear ratio that I should run everyone keeps telling me not to go 5.13's but to go 4.56's any help would be much appreciated
Are you running auto or manual ? that can have an influence on your gear selection.

Atch

5.13's is what you would want to run with 37's. However, since you have a D30 upfront not exactly what you want when wheeling with 37's the 5.13's are pretty small. I'd say go with 4.88's if you insist on keeping the D30.

mdwjeep

I'm not sure what is ideal for you, but here's a data point to consider. My Rubicon has a 4:1 transfer case, 5.13s, and 37s, and at 60 mph it runs at the just outside the ECO range on the tachometer (2200 rpm or so). The gas mileage sucks, and the top end is about 20 mph in 4 low, but the Jeep has plenty of torque. :)

Top Bottom