Soft top fitment, wanting to buy a soft top off a 2007 JKU and putting on my 2014 JKU

DMF

I did a search on this topic on multiple forums and couldn't find an answer. I'm seeing lots of threads and posts stating their 2007 top fits 2011, 2010 fitting a 2012, etc, etc. What I'm picking up from reading these posts is a 2007 should fit a 2014? I'm buying this top off craigslist so I don't have an option to make a mistake. If anyone can provide any light to this please comment, and thank you for your help.

Dave

Heholua

I did a search on this topic on multiple forums and couldn't find an answer. I'm seeing lots of threads and posts stating their 2007 top fits 2011, 2010 fitting a 2012, etc, etc. What I'm picking up from reading these posts is a 2007 should fit a 2014? I'm buying this top off craigslist so I don't have an option to make a mistake. If anyone can provide any light to this please comment, and thank you for your help.

Dave

As long the hardware fits the top its paired with, it will fit any year JK. For example, I have a 2012 and my top is from a 2008.

StrizzyChris

I lived on the big island for almost 6 months...loved it! EXCEPT for football season where the bars aren't open for the 7am games and almost no one FROM there watches the NFL :grayno:

Heholua

I lived on the big island for almost 6 months...loved it! EXCEPT for football season where the bars aren't open for the 7am games and almost no one FROM there watches the NFL :grayno:

With all the Samoans/ Hawaiians in the NFL, you'd think that it would be the opposite. I hope I'll be able to retire there.:cool:

Last edited:

DMF

Since we're talking about Hawaii, I want to chime in on this also.

This IS one of my favorite place to vacation. My uncle drives a taxi there and I tell you the places he takes me are either breath taking or I'm in complete shock. Either way I like both.

Heholua

Since we're talking about Hawaii, I want to chime in on this also.

This IS one of my favorite place to vacation. My uncle drives a taxi there and I tell you the places he takes me are either breath taking or I'm in complete shock. Either way I like both.

Sorry to derail your thread:(. I think that's the key, having a relative or local show you around. We've never had a bad vacation there.

StrizzyChris

Mauna Loa volcanic flow.

1392090576754.jpg
1392090595807.jpg

Actually red, but the light is so intense that is glows pink in pics on my phone

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Hey Dave. The top "should" fit. When doing my research to get mine I did notice one issue that kept coming up. Apparently in 2012ish they changed the header cross bar design and that made a big difference in leaking. In the 2013 premium twill, even a few more changes to header and the fabric. Fewer leaks still and ever quieter design.

I was able to find a deal and can say I'm happy with the 2013 soft top. Not sure what deal you found it for, but look into the cross bar/header issue and see if its something you care about. The 2013s + also have a spring assist I believe.

As for Hawaii. Can't say enough good things. Went to Maui for 8 days this past summer with the family. Loved every second.

- Jason

jeffd

Dave

I would hold out for a 2013 or 2014 premium top as they are much nicer material.

DMF

I would hold out for a 2013 or 2014 premium top as they are much nicer material.

Thanks all,

I can't believe I missed these replies and I'm on this website EVERYDAY! I just picked up a top from SuicideKing over this weekend. Even though it's not as easy to open and close like a miata top. I'm happy i'm not struggling as much as I would with a Hardtop by myself. Thanks again everyone for your help!

DMF

Mauna Loa volcanic flow.

Actually red, but the light is so intense that is glows pink in pics on my phone

Chris,

Is that molten lava your standing next to?

Edit: nevermind. Was hard to tell what it was on my phone. But I can see it clearly now. That is cool!

Last edited:
Top Bottom