Which Wheels?

JKU EXTREME

I am looking at get new wheels and tires, As Soon As Monetarally Possible! and I can't decide, I would love to get the Slabs, but I know I won't be able to swing the price for a while, yet or won't a lot, so I am torn between two wheels. Interco's beadlock, the reason I am looking at these is that these are an affordable beadlock, for me atleast. And the second is Pro Comp's 53 Series Rock Crawler, they're cheap and durable.
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Wheels-Jeep...11&t_s=535&t_pt=101508&t_pn=ITCBIR17905127-12
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Wheels-Jeep...x?t_c=11&t_s=535&t_pt=101508&t_pn=PCW52-7873F
If you have any recomendations, I'm open to suggestions (no chrome please, I hate that!)
Thanks
-John

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
I have looked at getting the Birddog's myself. But if your looking to do it quickly,the steel wheels would work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I myself like the look of the Bird Dog wheel over the Pro Comp.

~Woodrow~

image.jpg

MHT Wheels has some nice designs......I run the Fuel Boost wheel.....try looking at the Revolver.....Krank....Throttle......or Trophy wheels and see if it's to your liking......I think they are in the same price range as the Bird Dog +/-......Of course these are just suggestions......Pick a wheel that satisfies you and makes you happy....it's your Jeep no one else's.....Goodluck

~Woodrow~

Last edited:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Not my Jeep........This is a picture of a JKU with Bird Dogs off of Google just to give the OP a visual of what they look like on a JKU.........I have the Fuel Boost wheels on my rig

~Woodrow~

JKU EXTREME

Not my Jeep........This is a picture of a JKU with Bird Dogs off of Google just to give the OP a visual of what they look like on a JKU.........I have the Fuel Boost wheels on my rig

~Woodrow~

Thanks. They look pretty cool. Wish I could see them in person

JKU EXTREME

MHT Wheels has some nice designs......I run the Fuel Boost wheel.....try looking at the Revolver.....Krank....Throttle......or Trophy wheels and see if it's to your liking......I think they are in the same price range as the Bird Dog +/-......Of course these are just suggestions......Pick a wheel that satisfies you and makes you happy....it's your Jeep no one else's.....Goodluck

~Woodrow~
I like the fuel trophy wheels, I just don't remember if they are the same price

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I am looking at get new wheels and tires, As Soon As Monetarally Possible! and I can't decide, I would love to get the Slabs, but I know I won't be able to swing the price for a while, yet or won't a lot, so I am torn between two wheels. Interco's beadlock, the reason I am looking at these is that these are an affordable beadlock, for me atleast. And the second is Pro Comp's 53 Series Rock Crawler, they're cheap and durable.
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Wheels-Jeep...11&t_s=535&t_pt=101508&t_pn=ITCBIR17905127-12
http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Wheels-Jeep...x?t_c=11&t_s=535&t_pt=101508&t_pn=PCW52-7873F
If you have any recomendations, I'm open to suggestions (no chrome please, I hate that!)
Thanks
-John

Are you planning on new tires also? Your profile shows you currently have 16s. Most modern style wheels aren't available in anything less than 17".

jeeeep

Hooked
don't forget the WAYALIFE discount code you can use on Northridge4x4 - I don't know if it applies to everything but worth a look.

it took me 3 months to decide on wheels lol :beer:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Northridge 4x4 doesn't seem to carry them........another vendor does for $232 no tax with free shipping......search and you shall find.........Good luck

~Woodrow~

jeepgreenjon

I did my 35's at the same time so obviously the Jeep was more sluggish, but I then did my superchip to re calibrate my speedo and I got most if not all of my power back. The steel 16" wheels weighed almost the same as my stock aluminum 18" wheels. If all you are doing is switching your wheels you likely wont notice much of a difference in power.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I have the Trophies and love them. I got them at cost through the shop I work at and I know customer cost is nowhere near $247.00. Not taking business away from the sponsors of the forum, but remember when you buy wheels individually from an online vendor, you still have to pay someone to mount and balance them. Maybe check with a local tire/wheel shop to see what they can do on a wheel/tire package

JKU EXTREME

I did my 35's at the same time so obviously the Jeep was more sluggish, but I then did my superchip to re calibrate my speedo and I got most if not all of my power back. The steel 16" wheels weighed almost the same as my stock aluminum 18" wheels. If all you are doing is switching your wheels you likely wont notice much of a difference in power.

Alright that's really good to know thanks!

JKU EXTREME

I have the Trophies and love them. I got them at cost through the shop I work at and I know customer cost is nowhere near $247.00. Not taking business away from the sponsors of the forum, but remember when you buy wheels individually from an online vendor, you still have to pay someone to mount and balance them. Maybe check with a local tire/wheel shop to see what they can do on a wheel/tire package

I'll check and see if Discount tire can get me a good price.

Top Bottom