Write up about the Transfer case output adaptor (Slip yoke eliminator)

JEEPnGEO

I wondered if there is a good place to read about this. I am going to replace my rear dive shaft and I am wondering if I should tackle this or have it done. I am looking for down the road gains as in prolongs the life on the seals etc.

Thanks,

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you have a JK, you will not need to install an SYE. Just get a double cardan u-joint style drive shaft and a set of adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle and you're golden. :yup:

Atch

Being that you have a JK, you will not need to install an SYE. Just get a double cardan u-joint style drive shaft and a set of adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle and you're golden. :yup:

If you go this route do NOT get the rock krawler rear uppers. I unfortunately didn't see Eddie's post about how the shortest length they can be run is an inch more than stock. So now I can't get them short enough for the proper pinion angle, I guess it'll just cause me to upgrade to long arms even sooner!! 👍

mrmet1983

If you go this route do NOT get the rock krawler rear uppers. I unfortunately didn't see Eddie's post about how the shortest length they can be run is an inch more than stock. So now I can't get them short enough for the proper pinion angle, I guess it'll just cause me to upgrade to long arms even sooner!! 👍

Check out currie rock jock uppers I have a pair and they are way to short for my pro rock I went with synergy uppers and are much longer so the curries might be short enough for what you need

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, I too would recommend Currie rear upper arms as they WILL allow you to set your control arms short enough to set your pinion angle.

JEEPnGEO

Why double cardan? Just wondering. Don't they wobble at high speeds?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I too went with the rk uppers and my shop had to crank on them to get them short enough, im wondering now if I get adjustable lowers if itll work in the end with them?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why double cardan? Just wondering. Don't they wobble at high speeds?

Not if you set your pinion angle like you're supposed to. That's why you need the adjustable rear upper arms. It's what you would have needed on a TJ with an SYE installed too. Shot of my old TJ with one on...

DSC08314.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I too went with the rk uppers and my shop had to crank on them to get them short enough, im wondering now if I get adjustable lowers if itll work in the end with them?

If you get the RK lowers, it'll be a lot easier to set your pinion angle BUT, they will still be about 1.5" longer than stock meaning, they will still be over 1" longer than what you really want. I personally would recommend that you just get a set of adjustable lower arms that will allow you to set them to where they need to be and the uppers you have now will work better.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If you get the RK lowers, it'll be a lot easier to set your pinion angle BUT, they will still be about 1.5" longer than stock meaning, they will still be over 1" longer than what you really want. I personally would recommend that you just get a set of adjustable lower arms that will allow you to set them to where they need to be and the uppers you have now will work better.

I will put them on my list, thank you.

JEEPnGEO

Not if you set your pinion angle like you're supposed to. That's why you need the adjustable rear upper arms. It's what you would have needed on a TJ with an SYE installed too. Shot of my old TJ with one on...

DSC08314.jpg

You just brought a tear to my eye. That is beautiful. I don't spend a whole lot of time under my jeep and when I do it really never involved the back end. The rear DS is pretty short for a 2 door. I know this picture is not a JK but on a JK is the rear diff a center pinion or high pinion? If it is a center pinion can I get a front pumpkin and place it in the back to make it a hi pinion diff. ???

(Disclaimer) I am not smoking anything or on any know drugs.

JEEPnGEO

In the beginning you said adjustable uppers which I agree on. I want to move the diff back a little and angle the diff up so the DS will have a better line. I don't want to do the bottoms and bring the bottom of the wheel closer to center. Or am I totally off in my thinking. I need to go back to 4link 101..

Flat Top

Trying not to hyjack this thread. Can someone post a link to Eddie's post about the RK rear arms? I thought mine seemed too long. :grayno:

Top Bottom