Clearing 37's with a RK 2.5

jkmitch

I have a 2dr jk sport auto with a RK 2.5 Flex lift on it. 5.13 gears and full truss and gusset r in the works also. I'm going to get 37's soon and was wondering how much of the pinch seam I am going to have to cut off? Any ideas??? Thanks! 😁

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a 2dr jk sport auto with a RK 2.5 Flex lift on it. 5.13 gears and full truss and gusset r in the works also. I'm going to get 37's soon and was wondering how much of the pinch seam I am going to have to cut off? Any ideas??? Thanks! 

your going to have to cut a lot of the pinch seam and a lot of the wheel well to make it work. just cycle your suspenson to see hiw much you will need to.

normally you want to run 3.5" of lift with flat fenders to safely and easily run 37's

jkmitch

Ya, I figured it's going to take some pretty good trimming. Did you trim any on your rig with the 35's?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as of now no i havent trimmed anything. i am going to trim a little of my pinch seam soon just in case but have no problems as of yet.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I didn't have to trim a lot when i was running the tf 2.5 lift and flats. I did the normal cut for 35s and went up a little from that. Had to trim more of the bushwacker plastic than the pinch.

jkmitch

I think I will just go for the 37s and whip the cut off wheel out. Doesn't sound like it should be that bad worst case scenario small spacer to get a little more clearance.

jkmitch

I didn't have to trim a lot when i was running the tf 2.5 lift and flats. I did the normal cut for 35s and went up a little from that. Had to trim more of the bushwacker plastic than the pinch.

Did you have any steering issues with this set up? Rubbing frame or arms?

CrazyLarry

I'll take some pics of how my pinch seam looks tmrw when it's light out. Running a 2.5 tf lift and a 1 inch body lift. I had to cut a generous amount of the front seam and bent in a little in the back. My tires rubbed my frame at full lock with my 4.75 backspaced wheels even with steering stops adjusted so I added 1.5 wheel spacers. Realistically you will need 3.5 backspacing total to not rub the frame at full lock

CrazyLarry

Not the best pics but hopefully it gives you an idea on how much to cut. I basically cut the whole thing and jb welded where the two pieces of sheet metal pinched together. Sanded then painted

pinchseam1.JPG pinchseam2.JPG pinchseam3.JPG pinchseam4.JPG

CrazyLarry

Not a bad tire. Like them a lot in muddy shit so so on the rocks drives good on the highway not great. They seem to track a little funny. I may try trail grapplers or mickey mtz after these wear out

jkmitch

I too have my eyes on a set of those mtz 36x15.50s 😁 I've run both the trail graps and mtz. I personally like the mtz better. Trail graps wore very fast. Mtz have more road noise but performed better. All terranes were nice with them never tried mud though. They were 33x15.50r18 and a set of 33x13.50r18. I mostly do a lot of desert and dirt road running. Right now I have a set of General Grabbers 33x12.50r17. LOVE these tires run them for a good 10k miles so far still look new. Quiet and nice and sticky on the rocks.

CrazyLarry

I have not. always wanted to give them a try though. a few of my buds run them and say they're tough as nails. I just happened to get a good deal on the mtrs at the time

Top Bottom