Evo 4" and driveshaft question

Roscoj

So I just had the evo double d installed on my 14' unlimited auto. I have the driveshaft unbolted at the axle flange. At full droop the driveshaft is about 4" to high to bolt back up to the flange because it's hitting the exhaust crossover. Would an aftermarket driveshaft like tom woods 1350 clear the exhaust. Or stock shaft and Teraflex spacers. Or a combination of the two. Or am I looking at a relocated exhaust crossover. I knew the exhaust and stock shaft would make contact but it's worse than I expected. Just trying to see what parts to get so I can get it back on the road.
Thanks.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
So I just had the evo double d installed on my 14' unlimited auto. I have the driveshaft unbolted at the axle flange. At full droop the driveshaft is about 4" to high to bolt back up to the flange because it's hitting the exhaust crossover. Would an aftermarket driveshaft like tom woods 1350 clear the exhaust. Or stock shaft and Teraflex spacers. Or a combination of the two. Or am I looking at a relocated exhaust crossover. I knew the exhaust and stock shaft would make contact but it's worse than I expected. Just trying to see what parts to get so I can get it back on the road.
Thanks.

Tom Woods drive shafts are much smaller diameter and will clear the exhaust crossover. It is always recommended to swap the front drive shaft with 4" lift because of this issue.

I had the same issue with my 4" Enforcer lift and installed a Tom Woods shaft to solve the problem. Make sure to keep your U-Joints and slip spline greased after you install the shaft!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
On a 4" Enforcer (I know, not the same arms as you have), an aftermarket shaft will get rid of the contact. No need to get the TF exhaust spacer. I wouldn't get a woods shaft though, the gold seal ujoints suck balls.

Plus, make sure that the 1350 you get is made for 2012+ JKU's. I believe Reel and/or Coast makes one.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Skip the exhaust spacer and the Tom Woods DS. 👍

But do get an aftermarket DS.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What everyone said above. Skip the spacer and tom woods and get a coast or je reel

Sent from my iPhone

Roscoj

Are the gold seal joints really that bad? My plan was to do the tom woods because his shop is less than 15 minutes from where I work. So there is not wait time or shipping.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Are the gold seal joints really that bad? My plan was to do the tom woods because his shop is less than 15 minutes from where I work. So there is not wait time or shipping.

If you are going to buy Woods shafts, do yourself a favor and pay extra to get spicer or neapco joints. The gold seals are bad enough that I wouldn't risk them. Warranties aren't worth shit when you are broke down on the trail.

Top Bottom