Anyone have any experience with Grabar

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Looking at the Grabar grab handles for the JK. Good bad ok ?

Installation tips tricks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JR JKU

Just installed mine and I am very happy with the upgrade. Way better then hanging handles cause they don't get in your side vision. My wife is 5'5" and she gets in to my jeep on 37's no prob.

Install is easy, I used torx head on a socket instead of an allen wrench for quicker install and more leverage.

Also go slow taking out the A pillar bolts and use a needle nose to pull them out so they don't fall behind the plastic.

Great upgrade overall, should save my steering linkage over time since I don't use the steering wheel to get in anymore.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I love them. Worth the money! Easy install.

Attachments

• 1392519885361.jpg
    1392519885361.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 1392519905861.jpg
    1392519905861.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 209

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
They look cool. But I think they cost to much for jus a pair of handles

Yeah, I hear you. Some parts cost a lot. I have the stock handles and don't care for them. I think truck lite head lights are over priced, but want a set also.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I just need/want the fronts for a 2dr JK. I think there like $97 for that.

If I get them I buy other stuff to make sure I get FREE shipping too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Smokinjoe

I picked up a set for two door EZ install
Got them from northridge free shipping no tax and I asked and they gave me 10% off , the handles are very solid

sj

wwood

I considered the Grabar but decided on Quatratec's A-Pillar grab handles for only $19.99:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14117_000X_B_PG.htm

They install in the upper right and left corners of the windshield and A-Pillar and don't look bad at all. Totally out of the way of your vision and easy to grab to get in/out of the Jeep. My 5'2" wife can easily reach them. We really love them.

The Grabar looks like it might be a problem in a collision. Don't want me or a passenger to get hit in the head with one of those metal bars.

tsamptrail

The Grabar looks like it might be a problem in a collision. Don't want me or a passenger to get hit in the head with one of those metal bars.

There are no issues with hitting your head on these. If you hit your head on these then you are not wearing a seat belt or your seat belt failed. I do not even seeing your head hitting these if the entire A-pillar would cave in on a roll over.

TheDuff

I considered the Grabar but decided on Quatratec's A-Pillar grab handles for only $19.99:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14117_000X_B_PG.htm

They install in the upper right and left corners of the windshield and A-Pillar and don't look bad at all. Totally out of the way of your vision and easy to grab to get in/out of the Jeep. My 5'2" wife can easily reach them. We really love them.

Hmmm, those look an awful lot like the shittybilts I had. If they are in fact the same product, just rebranded, watch out! Ours lasted a couple months, before the material tore off of the ring that the bolts go through to secure it. When my side broke, I almost ate shit. I was then able to walk over to the other side and rip it off with not much force. No more non metal grab bars for me.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wwood

There are no issues with hitting your head on these. If you hit your head on these then you are not wearing a seat belt or your seat belt failed. I do not even seeing your head hitting these if the entire A-pillar would cave in on a roll over.

OK, glad to hear that. Don't want to see anybody get hurt. Never saw them in person, just from the pics it looked like you might hit one in a collision.

Hmmm, those look an awful lot like the shittybilts I had. If they are in fact the same product, just rebranded, watch out! Ours lasted a couple months, before the material tore off of the ring that the bolts go through to secure it. When my side broke, I almost ate shit. I was then able to walk over to the other side and rip it off with not much force. No more non metal grab bars for me.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the heads up. I just went outside with a flashlight and my reading glasses to examine the QTec grab handles. They look fine, no signs of wear. But they are only a few months old. Don't know who makes them but they are the same company that makes the Mopar grab handles that came with our Jeep. I will definitely keep my eye on them.

Top Bottom