Powerplant in cab switch

RamP

After digging a little deeper i found out the contactor is a sealed unit. No way to get to the connections. So i guess the only options would be to:
A) Cut up a remote harness and keep it plugged it on the winch on one end and wire the in/cab on the other or
B) make a plug for the winch and run the other end in/cab

Does anyone make a plug?

Road_king

After digging a little deeper i found out the contactor is a sealed unit. No way to get to the connections. So i guess the only options would be to:
A) Cut up a remote harness and keep it plugged it on the winch on one end and wire the in/cab on the other or
B) make a plug for the winch and run the other end in/cab

Does anyone make a plug?

I think plan A is probably the best. I wired mine into the contractor and it works great but is a high risk installation. I drilled a hole in the side for the wires to come out. The potential problem is there is not any room for the wire connectors inside the contractor!

I ended up jamming the wires back in from the plug with a screwdriver and surely thought I was going to be buying a new contractor. I used a 12volt guy mini toggle mounted driver dash by the door. I used the heck out of it today! It's been in about 2 years now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom