Tire conversion

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone confirm or deny if a 315/75/16 is roughly a 35x12.50 ??

"Roughly", yes, it will have a true measurement of about 34.5". But, what you really need to know is that an advertised 35x12.50 will have a true measurement of only about 33.5". Along those same lines, an advertised 37x12.50 will have a true measurement of about 35.5". Just something to think about if you're trying to fit these tires with a lift you have installed. In other words, if you just installed a 2.5" lift and are looking to fit a set of 35" tires, you might want to be looking at a 305 and NOT a 315.

Sugarbear

"Roughly", yes, it will have a true measurement of about 34.5". But, what you really need to know is that an advertised 35x12.50 will have a true measurement of only about 33.5". Along those same lines, an advertised 37x12.50 will have a true measurement of about 35.5". Just something to think about if you're trying to fit these tires with a lift you have installed. In other words, if you just installed a 2.5" lift and are looking to fit a set of 35" tires, you might want to be looking at a 305 and NOT a 315.

Thanks for the info Eddie I'm installing a 3 inch kit so I should be ok with the 315 in your opinion??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info Eddie I'm installing a 3 inch kit so I should be ok with the 315 in your opinion??

So long as you make sure to install bump stop extensions and trim your fenders, yeah, you should be okay. If you're planning to run these with full fenders, you'll most likely see some rubbing at a full flex.

Sugarbear

So long as you make sure to install bump stop extensions and trim your fenders, yeah, you should be okay. If you're planning to run these with full fenders, you'll most likely see some rubbing at a full flex.

Good to know I was planning on trimming them anyway thanks for the help again

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Can anyone confirm or deny if a 315/75/16 is roughly a 35x12.50 ??

As mentioned yes it is roughly a 35x12.5. It the exact size I currently run. I have a 2.5" teraflex lift which yields about 3.25" of lift. I also trimmed my fenders. I have no rubbing issues so if you get 3" springs like you mentioned and trim your fenders you will be golden

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom