Kids, jeeps, and wind!

loscann48

My kids love the Jeep and love riding with the top down, but hate the wind in the back of the JKU. Thinking and planning for summer, I have heard that the spiderweb shade helps with that. I don't want a bikini top but would like to be as open as possible and still keep them happy! Thoughts, and ideas welcome.....and leaving them home is not an option....recently divorced and the jeep is my only ride.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

TheStick

I have the DD version of the sunshade and it does definitely help. With doors on the wind is not bad at all.

I'm also a divorced dad so my 4yro rides in the back all the time. She digs it :)

MTG

Caught the Bug
I have the DD version of the sunshade and it does definitely help. With doors on the wind is not bad at all.

Same. Works pretty good. Also grabbed some motorcycle goggles last summer for the kids. Those helped too.

groovebus

I found these WWII style Jeep watch caps from sportsmansguide.com. They are $14 for 3 of them and I keep them in the pouches in the back seat. I have 2 daughters so these keep their hair from beating them in the face and helps keep their heads warm when the top and doors are off.

Attachments

• JeepWatchCap.jpg
    JeepWatchCap.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 137

warrkill

My kids love the Jeep and love riding with the top down, but hate the wind in the back of the JKU. Thinking and planning for summer, I have heard that the spiderweb shade helps with that. I don't want a bikini top but would like to be as open as possible and still keep them happy! Thoughts, and ideas welcome.....and leaving them home is not an option....recently divorced and the jeep is my only ride.

I just bought a spiderweb shade for my jeep. It should be here any day. Once it's on I'll let you know what my boy says. He hates all the wind as well.

bl17z90

The bestop trek top nx becomes a bikini top one you take the windows off. Might be something to think about.

swag247

I just bought a spiderweb shade for my jeep. It should be here any day. Once it's on I'll let you know what my boy says. He hates all the wind as well.

Just installed Spider Web Shade the other day...

Does a good job blocking the sun and maybe, maybe a slight bit of wind. But it's "not" a wind blocker.

FYI, it's really good quality and still worth the 100 clams.

I have a spider web shade and it definitely helps but the back seats get hit with wind more from the sides. My little guy (12) complains and often moves to the middle seat when the top and doors are off.

I'm would suggest anyone sitting in the back have something over their eyes. My mother-in-law took a bug to the forehead and cried for an hour :cheesy::cheesy::doh::naw:

I have been thinking of doing a little riganomitry this summer and seeing if I could make something to drop in the rear door pins (like a wing) to manage some of the mid-jeep wind turbulence. :thinking::idontknow:

I wonder how much this would help with the doors off. My son complains about his leg and arm getting cold. I thought he was just being a baby, until my wife sat back there and said it is WAY more windy and cold. Then, I felt like an ass because I was ignoring him.

This may be good for the OP to try, but it won't work for me.... My dog is back there and way too big.

warrkill

Just installed Spider Web Shade the other day...

Does a good job blocking the sun and maybe, maybe a slight bit of wind. But it's "not" a wind blocker.

FYI, it's really good quality and still worth the 100 clams.

I didnt buy it for blocking the wind for sure. Bought to help cool my butt down during them hot ass Texas days! Glad to here you think it was worth the 100 clams. Hoping mine shows up today. Thanks for the Info:thumb:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I wonder how much this would help with the doors off. My son complains about his leg and arm getting cold. I thought he was just being a baby, until my wife sat back there and said it is WAY more windy and cold. Then, I felt like an ass because I was ignoring him.

This may be good for the OP to try, but it won't work for me.... My dog is back there and way too big.

True. Not sure anything is going to help when it's cold outside short of keeping the doors on. If it's strictly wind buffetting, it should help that. Too bad Jeep didn't add any vents in the rear.

loscann48

True. Not sure anything is going to help when it's cold outside short of keeping the doors on. If it's strictly wind buffetting, it should help that. Too bad Jeep didn't add any vents in the rear.

Not concerned about cold...they just complain about the wind. When I take doors off, I only take the front 2 off, my kids are 3 and 5 and I don't feel comfortable with their doors off.

Top Bottom