Brake light

Prime

While putting on new drive shafts I pulled the e brake now thus light won't go off any ideas besides a black marker?

Attachments

• image-4280719864.jpg
    image-4280719864.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 124

mtnbiker995

Stupid question but the lever is all the way back down right? Haha happened to me once there was a water bottle under my level not allowing it to go the last 1/4" down and I couldn't figure out why my light was on

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moochie

Have you checked your fluid level? It might just be a coincidence that this happened while working on your driveshafts. Worn brake pads will also cause this to light up.

Prime

I just replaced my fluid in both diffs a month ago. I changed out the rear tom woods flange to a yoke for my Adams drive shaft. I had to put the E brake on to help me with tighting the pinion nut the jeep kept moving. I have heard the brakes squill a little might be time to change the pads. The E brake lever is down I pulled on it to see if the light would go off it's dings and then flashes. But stays light.

pvanweelden

Moochie meant Brake Fluid= it could be just a coincidence that your brakes are getting low and using more brake fluid.

Is the light on solid or flashing?

When the parking brake handle is applied, the light will flash if you drive with it still applied.

904Jeep

Same issue occurred to me several months ago while sitting on a downhill grade for awhile.
My brakes were fine and fluid level was at the proper level. I took it in to the dealer and they replaced the Brake Fluid Position Sensor for free under warranty. Its the plug that goes into the side of the master cylinder. In the FSM there a procedure you can do using a multimeter to see if the sensor has gone bad.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Had that happen on my last rig...took me forever to find out what it was, and the dealer didn't have a clue. Turned out, the plug on the master cylinder was loose (after I installed a compressor to the master cylinder bracket). I unplugged it, re-routed the wires, and clipped it back on, and all is well. Check that plug first. It takes about 20 seconds to register that it has been plugged in/unplugged, so when you plug it in, wait a bit.

Prime

^^^^^and that's why I love this forum!! If it wasn't for you guys I would be lost.. I forgot I unplugged the dam plug installing my ARB compressor.

Attachments

• image-2001445390.jpg
    image-2001445390.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom