G2 Axles????

munstie

How are they able to sell a Rock jock 60 front axle with A.R.B. locker starting at 3200.00????

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

I had a talk with Currie about that a few weeks ago. They guy told me its the same housing but G2 guts, including the bearings. Not sure how full of BS the guy was but he also said true Currie bearings were Mil Spec and larger than the G2's.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

munstie

What I'm looking at says Timken bearings, stock size set 10 wheel bearings. I've heard good and bad about the rock jocks but at this price are they even comparable to dynatrac.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Last edited:
That $3200 is also a base price. By the time all was said and done, they wanted a little over $6100 (with a discount) for their front axle. That was the lowest I could get them down to even being friends with an area manager at 4WP it was the best we could pull off. I have been looking online for a pic of one that has detonated or bent and haven't been successful, but my guess is that in the end it's going to come down to popularity between the two brands.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I looked through nearly every page on 4 Wheel Parts G2 axle assemblies and never found a front Rock Jock D60 for $3200........I did find the $3190.99 price for the REAR D60 (non big bearing), Detroit Locker, 35 spline axles w/5.38's (shipping not included)

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetra...?t_c=12&t_s=475&t_pt=7572&t_pn=G/2JKRJRS538DL

The lowest price i found for a Rock Jock FRONT D60 ARB 35 spline equipped w/5.13's is $7663.99 (shipping not included)

The lowest price I found for a Rock Jock FRONT D60 is a Detroit Locker, 35 spline w/4.56's or 5.38's for $7374.99 (shipping not included)

~Woodrow~

Last edited:
Correct. I'm thinking that $3200 is just a base price. After they charge to assemble the thing it might be closer to the price you saw it at.

Top Bottom