Ratcheting on my rig

mtnbiker995

Same thing on my jeep too...does yours go away once you've driven a few miles and warmed everything up?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brankz

Same thing on my jeep too...does yours go away once you've driven a few miles and warmed everything up?

Yea, gos away after a lil driving.
Before I wasn't to worried because I was thinking it was the muffler shield but it's not so now I'm worried.

I can't afford fixing something expensive.
I lost a sue from my old land lord so now I have to pay her 4k

mtnbiker995

Yea, gos away after a lil driving.
Before I wasn't to worried because I was thinking it was the muffler shield but it's not so now I'm worried.

I can't afford fixing something expensive.
I lost a sue from my old land lord so now I have to pay her 4k

Same here. I think it might actually be the rear drive shaft making the noise but I haven't been able to get my hands on a second one to try out. I've just noticed mine has a noticeable amount or play in it

904Jeep

Definitely a driveshaft, take off the front shaft to isolate which one and if it's both then replace the rear first if your on a budget, you'll also need rear upper control arms to adjust the pinion. I had a thread on the same issue and I ended up needing to get both shafts replaced.

Brankz

Definitely a driveshaft, take off the front shaft to isolate which one and if it's both then replace the rear first if your on a budget, you'll also need rear upper control arms to adjust the pinion. I had a thread on the same issue and I ended up needing to get both shafts replaced.

How much it's that? For 2 shafts

904Jeep

Depends what brand and size joint you choose. The J.E. Reel front 1310 c.v. ran me about $450 with the forum discount through Northridge 4x4 and the rear 1350 c.v. came out to about $620 with forum discount. I went with RockKrawler rear uppers which came out to $225 with discount, they were the cheapest adjustable ones.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Look on Craigslist for a factory shaft if you can't afford everything you need. It'll run you about $600-700 to do just the rear and that is if you install it yourself and already have all the tools (yoke puller, large sockets 1 5/8 and 1 1/8 I believe, plus more). If you get another factory just be prepared for the same thing to happen again.

Brankz

Depends what brand and size joint you choose. The J.E. Reel front 1310 c.v. ran me about $450 with the forum discount through Northridge 4x4 and the rear 1350 c.v. came out to about $620 with forum discount. I went with RockKrawler rear uppers which came out to $225 with discount, they were the cheapest adjustable ones.

The RC rear for 225 came with everything I need or I have to buy more stuff?

Brankz

I found this one.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392841552.262467.jpg
Hope nothing happens till I can afford buying something like this.

Adios Evo stinger.

Before I buy a new Ds
How can I test it and see if that's what the noise is.

Moochie

I found this one.
View attachment 69988
Hope nothing happens till I can afford buying something like this.

Adios Evo stinger.

Before I buy a new Ds
How can I test it and see if that's what the noise is.

Take it off, drive it and see if the noise goes away. If you are taking off the rear put in 4 hi to drive it and listen for noise. It could be your front DS instead. Take this one off to check if you still hear noise after checking rear. After putting rear back on.

Brankz

Take it off, drive it and see if the noise goes away. If you are taking off the rear put in 4 hi to drive it and listen for noise. It could be your front DS instead. Take this one off to check if you still hear noise after checking rear. After putting rear back on.

Nice I will do this tonight.
I will google in how to take it off yup

Thanks again

904Jeep

Nice I will do this tonight.
I will google in how to take it off yup

Thanks again
Eddie has a nice write-up on here detailing the removal and installation of the front driveshaft, the rear will be essentially the same, you'll just have a rzeppa joint on the pinion side instead of a u-joint.

StrizzyChris

I agree with overlander...save your cash and I would even go with someone else who has a stock drive shaft for cheap(say $50) since your not running a lift you don't NEED an aftermarket thinner shaft.

904Jeep

I'd also check out any local 4x4 shops to see if they have any OEM shafts in good condition on hand left over from doing drive line installs.

Brankz

I agree with overlander...save your cash and I would even go with someone else who has a stock drive shaft for cheap(say $50) since your not running a lift you don't NEED an aftermarket thinner shaft.

I'm planing in lifting it with in 5 or 6 months 3 inch with 35s.

Top Bottom