King's Canyon National Park trip.

ShinDiggity

The girlfriend and I decided we needed to take a break from the Bakersfield heat and head to a place that's much cooler and with a bit more scenery. I go to King's Canyon National Park every year, usually at the tail end of September, but I thought what the heck... the girlfriend has never been there, I love it up there, so we went camping in King's Canyon National Park and we had a blast. Jumping in the river, sight seeing, and we even found a couple of dirt trails to take the new jeep on. Of course, they were easy roads that a 2wd could probably drive on, but hey, the JK feels at home off road. Well anyways, we camped at Cedar Grove at Kings Canyon, and drove around looking at waterfalls, wildlife, and took a few pictures of the scenery. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of a black bear, but Mr. bear was not being cooperative. It was nice to get away for a few days on a much needed mini-vacation. Enjoy the pics!
IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0063.JPG IMG_0066.jpg IMG_0068.JPG IMG_0074.JPG

ShinDiggity

We also had some Honey while we were up there. I can see what the rage is all about now. IMG_0145.JPG IMG_0168.JPG

All in all, it was an awesome trip. I love it up there, and I would recommend this place for anyone who wants to get away and relax a little.

Also, I wish I can add more pics per post, so if anyone can help me with that, I would appreciate it! Thanks all.

ShinDiggity

The Honey was awesome. Very smooth and just the right amount of sweetness. The water is very chilly, but with the weather being a little warmer than I expected, it felt awesome to jump in. The end of September is the best time to go, with the weather cooling down to the 70's. If I ever want to get away from society and have some quiet time, this is where I run away to.

JKJody

Sweet another place on our list. We have been wanting to come here but never got the time. Next time we are in fresno we will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom