Help with Lift

Jay_r24

Hey guys,

Im going to be putting a 3.5" lift on my 2011 Jk and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on some lift kits. Im not looking for anything crazy, trying to keep it in my budget. She is my daily driver but i do take her out into the canyons once a week. Whats up with those budget boost lift kits? are they crap? i have seen some with fox 2.0 shocks, these are basically just spacers. Anyone have any experience with these? I was also looking at a Rough Country 3.5 Inch Series II Suspension Lift Kit with N2.0 Series Shocks. Not sure as i have never lifted any of my vehicles. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hobolobo

Im running a rough country 2.5" budget boost, and i like it. Easy install, and it kept the factory ride which I liked. It all seems sturdy and well built to me. I wouldn't hesitate to take it into the mountains (if we had any). I got it so i didn't get extra unplanned lift and have to replace driveshafts.

Jay_r24

Im running a rough country 2.5" budget boost, and i like it. Easy install, and it kept the factory ride which I liked. It all seems sturdy and well built to me. I wouldn't hesitate to take it into the mountains (if we had any). I got it so i didn't get extra unplanned lift and have to replace driveshafts.

Thanks, appreciate your response, that is exactly what im looking for....to keep the factory ride. sounds like it is working out for you, maybe this is a good option for me...$$ wise as well.

JKU EXTREME

Hey guys,

Im going to be putting a 3.5" lift on my 2011 Jk and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on some lift kits. Im not looking for anything crazy, trying to keep it in my budget. She is my daily driver but i do take her out into the canyons once a week.

What's your budget?

Jay_r24

Have any side pictures of your rig with the lift on?? also did you do the intall yourself????????

Tyler02

I would stay away from rough country. I put the 2.5in suspension lift and 1.25in body lift combo on mine. In less than a year the shocks blew the seals and the springs have sagged. If you go with the spacers from them you'd be fine but I wouldn't use their shocks. I wish I would have saved and bought a better quality lift.

TeamFaust

Check out the TeraFlex 3" lift (new springs), I went this route but substituted in the Bilstein 5100 shocks (lifetime warranty). I've really been happy with it. Ran it with the stock wheels/BFG tires for quite a while until I was ready and then upgraded to 35" tires. Note -- if you are going to be keeping the OEM wheel (for example the Rubicon 17" stock ones), you will need to add wheel spacers (1.25" - 1.5") otherwise once lifted the rear drag links will rub on the inside of tires.

Other options to consider:
- Heavy Duty Front Track Bar (good to do at same time as the lift)
- Front Drive Shaft (can be done later). At some point you will want/need to replace the front driveshaft because the boot on the factory CV style joint out from the transfer case will eventually fail due to increased angle of lift and then he bearing will get contaminated and fail. This is easy to replace later so if minding the budget run the stocker until it fails or you have the $$ to replace.

Last edited:

Hobolobo

Have any side pictures of your rig with the lift on?? also did you do the intall yourself????????

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392834016.653474.jpg
This is the best ive got on my phone. And i agree about staying away from their shocks and springs. I just used the shock extensions with factory shocks for now until i upgrade.

JKU EXTREME

im looking to keep it in the $800 - $1600 range.

That's a pretty good budget!
You could get some fox shocks, I said fox because you mentioned them, and the Evo plush ride coils.
Or you can get a rubicon express 3.5" lift with Bilstein 5100's or the fox 2.0's.
I also believe you could budget a Teraflex 3" or even a Rock Crawler.
I'm not a fan of the last toe I mention particularly because their coils are stiff, but hey, maybe you like it rough.
But with that budget, I myself would get a front driveshaft and the Evo plush ride coils with 5100's, but that's me.
Hope this helped

By the way:
Check out Northridge4x4

-John

Jay_r24

I would stay away from rough country. I put the 2.5in suspension lift and 1.25in body lift combo on mine. In less than a year the shocks blew the seals and the springs have sagged. If you go with the spacers from them you'd be fine but I wouldn't use their shocks. I wish I would have saved and bought a better quality lift.

If i go with the spacers, i might go with the Teraflex, Rough Country or Rubicon Express. Will definitely use different shocks, i like the Fox 2.0 shocks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
im looking to keep it in the $800 - $1600 range.

since this is your budget range i would highly suggest the evo enforcer kit. this is the softest ride out there. i dont have it but have been in hinrich's jeep wheich has them. i wish i held out a little while longer for them.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-ENFORCER-KIT

you can get it with 3" springs and no shocks for Price: $1,184.50

this will let you get cheaper shocks like rancho rs7000, rs9000's or bilstein 5100's.

Jay_r24

Check out the TeraFlex 3" lift (new springs), I went this route but substituted in the Bilstein 5100 shocks (lifetime warranty). Other options to consider at the time would be a Heavy Duty front bar.

Thanks, i was actually just looking at the TeraFlex lifts.

KPM171

I'm running a Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex system and it rides just as comfortably as the factory springs on my JKUR. The adjustable control arms are pretty damn solid, the install isn't too challenging, it fits in your budget (even when adding shocks), & NorthRidge4x4 usually stocks it as a complete kit for the extra 10-20% off.
Link - Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex System

Jay_r24

That's a pretty good budget!
You could get some fox shocks, I said fox because you mentioned them, and the Evo plush ride coils.
Or you can get a rubicon express 3.5" lift with Bilstein 5100's or the fox 2.0's.
I also believe you could budget a Teraflex 3" or even a Rock Crawler.
I'm not a fan of the last toe I mention particularly because their coils are stiff, but hey, maybe you like it rough.
But with that budget, I myself would get a front driveshaft and the Evo plush ride coils with 5100's, but that's me.
Hope this helped

By the way:
Check out Northridge4x4

-John

Definitely helped, thanks..im going to checkout Northridge 4x4!!

Jay_r24

I'm running a Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex system and it rides just as comfortably as the factory springs on my JKUR. The adjustable control arms are pretty damn solid, the install isn't too challenging, it fits in your budget (even when adding shocks), & NorthRidge4x4 usually stocks it as a complete kit for the extra 10-20% off.
Link - Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex System

Awesome, thanks for the link!!+

JKU EXTREME

Definitely helped, thanks..im going to checkout Northridge 4x4!!

They have an awesome site. Not a huge fan of their layout, but they have a lot of products, with lots of discounts available. I have yet to order from there, but almost everyone on here who has ordered from them will swear by their customer services and support. They are also forum members, if you search their name I'm sure you can become in contact with their rep.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Does you budget include driveshafts, drag link flip, track bar bracket, brake lines? All that stuff adds up. If you only have a grand stick to a budget boost for now and get everything else and then work your way up. At 3" you will need driveshafts for sure. Front on a 4 door and both on a two door.

Jay_r24

Does you budget include driveshafts, drag link flip, track bar bracket, brake lines? All that stuff adds up. If you only have a grand stick to a budget boost for now and get everything else and then work your way up. At 3" you will need driveshafts for sure. Front on a 4 door and both on a two door.

$1,600 is max i can go right now..im just looking to get a lift on it quick. Tired of the stock lift when all the lifted jeeps roll by!! lol. Maybe a budget boost with the 2.0 fox shocks is the way to go at this point. And use the rest of my budgeted $$ to buy the necessary parts ie. driveshafts, drag link flip etc. and when i have all that purhcased...i will have a new budget for a quality lift!! :rock:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
$1,600 is max i can go right now..im just looking to get a lift on it quick. Tired of the stock lift when all the lifted jeeps roll by!! lol. Maybe a budget boost with the 2.0 fox shocks is the way to go at this point. And use the rest of my budgeted $$ to buy the necessary parts ie. driveshafts, drag link flip etc. and when i have all that purhcased...i will have a new budget for a quality lift!! :rock:

Those fox 2.0's probably won't be able to be used with your new lift since the length will need to be longer when you get taller. A drag link flip won't do anything on a budget boost. It isn't needed until you go more then 3".

I would get the budget boost with a set of rancho or bilstein shocks and save the rest until you can upgrade.

Do you have a 2 door? If so spend the rest getting both front and rear driveshafts and that will put you right around $1600.

Top Bottom