Which size battery????

PilotJK

Help!

I can't figure out which size battery for my 2011 2door JK.

I'm not interested in a dual battery setup, but looking to buy an Optima yellow top. I'm confused... :doh: Would a D34 or D34-78 fit? Or, I have it completely wrong. Can someone point me in the right direction?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would NOT recommend an Optima. While they used to be great and I used to run them all the time, they have since become terrible batteries that can't seem to be brought back to life. I would instead recommend an ODYSSEY if you can afford it or a Diehard Platinum P-1 Group 34 instead as they have proven themselves to be a much better battery.

seanb123

I've run the duralast which I'm pretty sure is made by the sane guys who make the diehard platinum and have been very satisfied with it and the 12 year warranty I got with it

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I would NOT recommend an Optima. While they used to be great and I used to run them all the time, they have since become terrible batteries that can't seem to be brought back to life. I would instead recommend an ODYSSEY if you can afford it or a Diehard Platinum P-1 Group 34 instead as they have proven themselves to be a much better battery.

Who sells the Odyssey? Planning on replacing my OE battery with one when it craps out.

PilotJK

Great! thanks for the help. I'm gonna get the ODYSSEY 34-PC1500!

JEEPnGEO

I also use Diehard Platinum P-1 Group 34 battery and it rocks. Plus the 4 year no questions swap out replacement if it ever goes bad.

JKFlyer

Guys
Will these suggested batts fit the 2010 model? My batt suits horizontal flush with firewall while I believe 2011+ is rotated 90 degrees

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Guys
Will these suggested batts fit the 2010 model? My batt suits horizontal flush with firewall while I believe 2011+ is rotated 90 degrees

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

the 2011 battery mounts flush against the firewall as well since they have the 3.8 as well. i believe the 2012+'s sit flush with the quarter panel.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
gotcha

I vote Steve to become a moderator!

here is a pic of a dual battery in a 12+

attachment.php

and a pic of a single battery in rubicat
main.php

PilotJK

I was looking on Sear's/Diehard's website and didn't see Diehard Platinum P-1 Group 34 listed. It shows only the DieHard Platinum P-4 Group Size 34/78DT.

Is the P-1 discontinued? Or, are they the same? Also, can anyone tell me what does "78DT" mean? :blush:

thanks

Top Bottom