Cold Air Intake

TarheelVeteran

I have a 2011 Sahara that I just lifted and SuperChipped. I was curious if anyone could give me some feedback on Cold Air Intakes on the 3.8L. Do I need it? Does it make a difference when combined with the FlashPaq? What's the best model for the '11 JK?

Thanks for any feedback..

TarheelVeteran

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a 2011 Sahara that I just lifted and SuperChipped. I was curious if anyone could give me some feedback on Cold Air Intakes on the 3.8L. Do I need it? Does it make a difference when combined with the FlashPaq? What's the best model for the '11 JK?

Thanks for any feedback..

TarheelVeteran

do you need it? no
Does it make a difference? yea it prob makes a difference but its so small a difference that you wouldnt notice.
Best Model? i run the AIRAID on my 2011 and i like it a lot. i like listening to it lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385843793.405991.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385843793.405991.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 258

Josh27

do you need it? no
Does it make a difference? yea it prob makes a difference but its so small a difference that you wouldnt notice.
Best Model? i run the AIRAID on my 2011 and i like it a lot. i like listening to it lol

Yup. Not "needed" but some small gains can come from it. I have the K&N and I only really noticed slightly better acceleration at highway speeds. Oh and the sound is cool! :rock:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
do you need it? no

I would have to agree with steve, I finally heard his on our last wheeling trip and I was jealous of the sound.

hotshotjeep

Ya you dont need one. The power gain isn't noticeable. But it does help the mpg. And lets the engine breathe better. And I run an airaid on my jeep as well but I have 3.6L

mrmet1983

As most have stated def not needed at all but u might see a 1 mpg increase lol having said that I've always run airaid CAI and Have one in my 2013 I just think the stock air filter is trash and prefer the synthetic washable filters that most CAI use

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

FrankenJeeper

My '10 JKU had a Banks air intake when I bought it and I swapped it back to stock and haven't noticed any difference at all other than the sound. I run a K&N filter in my stock intake now

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

TarheelVeteran

Thanks for all the feedback.. I decided on a completely enclosed Banks CAI. My parts guy here got it to me for $250 bucks.. I'll make that back in the added MPG....

theilkjam

do you need it? no

Will that fit on a 2009 Sahara? And do you have a link to where I can buy one?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Will that fit on a 2009 Sahara? And do you have a link to where I can buy one?

Yea they have them for 07-11 and 12-14's. If you go on Northridge they have them at a great price. Also amazon has great prices on them as well

Sent from my iPhone

mtnbiker995

Yea they have them for 07-11 and 12-14's. If you go on Northridge they have them at a great price. Also amazon has great prices on them as well

Sent from my iPhone

I got mine from ebay used at a great deal but I also got a pre-filter "bag" for it from amazon since over the summer I run in the sand dunes and it helps provide a little more filtration instead of clogging the filter up right away.

I'd search ebay and see if you can find one used in good shape for half price :thumb:

pahlbfishn

something to keep in mind changing air intake is the fact that if the filter flows more air it also sucks more dirt into engine. Your gains will be minimal if any at all.

Top Bottom