Help! I think my transition is toast!!!

JK's JK

Banned
So whats going on? You said, "transfer case and transition". Are you saying Transmission? Explain how the Jeep feels, maintenance you've done with the transmission and what the Jeep sounds like.

Brankz

So whats going on? You said, "transfer case and transition". Are you saying Transmission? Explain how the Jeep feels, maintenance you've done with the transmission and what the Jeep sounds like.

Ok I never changed my trans and transmission oil Sense I got my jeep on 2012
I can notice a noise when I shift from P to R it's like a electric sound changing.
Hard to explain

Oh man I have no idea I'm paranoid with my jeep :(

JK's JK

Banned
Ok I never changed my trans and transmission oil Sense I got my jeep on 2012
I can notice a noise when I shift from P to R it's like a electric sound changing.
Hard to explain

Oh man I have no idea I'm paranoid with my jeep :(

Ok, How many miles on the Jeep, and when was the last time you checked your fluids? Oil, trans fluid or any others?

jeeeep

Hooked
well the 2 sounds do not sound the same to me, 1st one sounds similar to the DS boot coming apart and hitting the underside.

2nd sound sounds like muffler or heat shield vibrating on something.....

transmission noises are above my pay grade so take in to the dealer or transmission shop, don't keep driving it trying to figure out the noise - if it is transmission you're causing more damage.

Brankz

well the 2 sounds do not sound the same to me, 1st one sounds similar to the DS boot coming apart and hitting the underside.

2nd sound sounds like muffler or heat shield vibrating on something.....

transmission noises are above my pay grade so take in to the dealer or transmission shop, don't keep driving it trying to figure out the noise - if it is transmission you're causing more damage.

I have this noises for a long time now about. 4 or 5 months I think?!

But they sound the same as before

Tigrcky

ok you have plenty of fluid in your transmission, an as far as it being dark well thats cause you need to do a service and flush on the thing, take it into a trusted shop that does transmission work, have them flush it then see if the noise goes away. if not then have them diagnose it. and the fact that you waited 4-5 months tell me you really dont care about your jeep:doh:

Brankz

ok you have plenty of fluid in your transmission, an as far as it being dark well thats cause you need to do a service and flush on the thing, take it into a trusted shop that does transmission work, have them flush it then see if the noise goes away. if not then have them diagnose it. and the fact that you waited 4-5 months tell me you really dont care about your jeep:doh:

I love my jeep <3 lol

How much it's a fair price for the trans flush?

JK's JK

Banned
I agree with Jeeep and Tigrcky, if you think its a transmission problem then I'd stop driving and take it over to a shop that can diagnose the issue. I agree with Tigrcky that you shouldnt have waited 4-5 months, since this could actually get much worse. 54K miles on the trans fluid isnt that bad but I'd refer back to the owners manual for when it should be changed. 100-200 to check your vehicle is a small price to pay.

JK's JK

Banned
What year is your vehicle? If its 2009 or newer then there is warranty on your Jeep. If it falls under those years, I'd take it over to Dodge and let them tell you the problem. You fall under the mileage.

Brankz

What year is your vehicle? If its 2009 or newer then there is warranty on your Jeep. If it falls under those years, I'd take it over to Dodge and let them tell you the problem. You fall under the mileage.

It's a 08, still under warranty?

Top Bottom