Anybody have rubicon express long arm

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
if you're just planning to run hard and fast out in the desert, it'll work great. if you're looking to play on the rocks and want big flex, you might want to see if you can cancel your order. while you can force radius arms to flex, it will come at the price of blown out bushings. more times than not, they will blow out in just one run - trust me, i have seen this time and time again. for big flex, you really should look at getting a 4-link long arm kit.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Indefatigable said:
I hate the RE bushings and joints with a passion.

That is all.

Re changes the bushings on the kits recently. Not saying you still won't have issues with a radius...

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I have a friend who replaced the bushings in his 4.5" RE long arm with the daystar replacement bushings just under a year ago. Those are a much stronger bushing and they are worn out and clunking.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
if you're just planning to run hard and fast out in the desert, it'll work great. if you're looking to play on the rocks and want big flex, you might want to see if you can cancel your order. while you can force radius arms to flex, it will come at the price of blown out bushings. more times than not, they will blow out in just one run - trust me, i have seen this time and time again. for big flex, you really should look at getting a 4-link long arm kit.

So what 4 link do you suggest?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So what 4 link do you suggest?

i have personally run the FT kit and and know a lot of other people who run the TF kit and they both work well with standard coils and shocks. if you plan on running coil overs that offer big flex (not all do), i would recommend the evo mfg double d long arm kit as it comes with johnny joints on both ends and will not blow out bushings the way the other kits do. if you can weld or can afford to have someone install the kit for you, i would recommend that you get the high clearance bracket version as there's nothing better available. of course, all this comes at a price but, it's worth every penny to me and what we run on both our JK's.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
highoctane said:
I have a friend who replaced the bushings in his 4.5" RE long arm with the daystar replacement bushings just under a year ago. Those are a much stronger bushing and they are worn out and clunking.

Same bushing as they have always had. They were suppose to change to a rubber design. As Eddie pointed out its still going to have issues by design.

Fitzbsly

I have RE long arm and have for 3 years, although I did have bushings replaced once the kit performs great!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have RE long arm and have for 3 years, although I did have bushings replaced once the kit performs great!

are you sure they aren't bad again? have you pulled off your rear arms and done a physical check of the upper joints? if not, i can almost guarantee you that they're shot. i see it all the time.

Top Bottom