engo light bar wiring harness install?

In5ane1

Got a engo light bar with the harness that came with it. Didnt come with instructions....anyone got pics or have link of how these harnesses are wired up? Thx

In5ane1

Here is the engo harness. Can the negative go to one of the bolts by the battery or should it go to negative terminal?

ForumRunner_20140221_154332.png

The other harness for my other two single leds is similar to engo harness but the switch has its own positive and negative. I know the switch positive goes to battery but it doesnt have inline fuse. Only the relay positive does. Also the switch has a negative. Where is best place near firewall on drivers side to attach negative?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Here is the engo harness. Can the negative go to one of the bolts by the battery or should it go to negative terminal?

View attachment 70228

The other harness for my other two single leds is similar to engo harness but the switch has its own positive and negative. I know the switch positive goes to battery but it doesnt have inline fuse. Only the relay positive does. Also the switch has a negative. Where is best place near firewall on drivers side to attach negative?

The ENGO harness ground can go to either a bolt or the negative, whatever is easier.

Your other switch needs a fuse. If you get a fuse with the correct amperage you can tie both positives into one and run it to the battery. You can ground it on the drivers side dash behind the panel. There should be two bolts there that will be fine for grounds.

In5ane1

The ENGO harness ground can go to either a bolt or the negative, whatever is easier.

Your other switch needs a fuse. If you get a fuse with the correct amperage you can tie both positives into one and run it to the battery. You can ground it on the drivers side dash behind the panel. There should be two bolts there that will be fine for grounds.

Thanks.

The other switch is supposed to be plug and play. Wonder why it didnt come with a fuse? The two lights are 18w each I believe. Would a 15 amp fuse be good?

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks.

The other switch is supposed to be plug and play. Wonder why it didnt come with a fuse? The two lights are 18w each I believe. Would a 15 amp fuse be good?

Do you have a picture of the harness? Did it come with a switch or are you adding your own?

You should be good. I think 20W is like 2 amps.

In5ane1

One other question. The harness comes with a 30 amp fuse and the wire going to the two 18w lights is maybe 18 awg and power feeding relay is 16 awg. Isnt that fuse a lil much for the wire? I was thinking maybe a 5 amp fuse

Both lights pull 36/12 = 3 amps

Last edited:

pvanweelden

The 30 amp fuse would still blow if there is a serious problem like a short. Yes, it could allow the wires to get pretty hot before it would blow, but you said 14-16 gauge wiring, if it was 18-20 gauge wires, I would be concerned.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

In5ane1

The 30 amp fuse would still blow if there is a serious problem like a short. Yes, it could allow the wires to get pretty hot before it would blow, but you said 14-16 gauge wiring, if it was 18-20 gauge wires, I would be concerned.

Wires to lights are 18 awg. Relay to battery 16 awg.

pvanweelden

Like I said before- the 30 would still blow if a problem came in to the equation. At least a relay and a fuse is included in the wiring :thumbup:
I don't want to tell you that you are over thinking this, but you are :)

pvanweelden

Just wanted to point out that we are talking about LED lights, and not 100 watt KC lights here. Leds are a lot more efficient and draw a lot less current than the older bulbs.
One led light is averaging 3 watts, the lights he has- have 6 leds per fixture= 18 watts, 2 of those equal 36 watts/12 volts= 3 amps current draw

Top Bottom