choosing the right shock.

Holeshot

Banned
I am looking for a new set of shocks somewhere in the next 2-3 months, and particularly eyeballing the fox with reservoirs. On the northridge site there is two different models. One tuned for the pre-runner lift kit made by teraflex, and "standart" jk shocks.

I did some research and some say teraflex tuned would ride smoother than the "off the shelf" jk fox shocks. IT was on a jku though.

Who runs them, how they are? I have read pretty good reviews on them.

My two door is getting heavier, and the shocks I have right now (zone offroad) are too soft/or starts to bounce (or I'm just crazy), anyways. I sure would like a bit stiffer ride, but not too much either.

Info on my rig if it helps, regarding the weight.

mid width steel front bumper and winch
XRC steel rear bumper
Genright steel tire carrier

will come soon :
Evo corner guards
Evo rocker skins
37's and wheels.

Last edited:

dahreno

Banned
I have Fox res. shocks. They were tuned for my JKURs lift kit from Pro Comp. They have been on my Jeep for about 5 years with no problem. I love them. When with others, and on our way back at the end of the day, I like to be ahead of everybody because I can haul ass through the woops much faster then the others. It's a blast and they soak up the bumps really well.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

well, I'm not really talking a stock rig here. But thanks anyway.

I have EVO front springs and longer fox shocks, what's stock about that? You asked about fox shocks and I told you I am happy with them...they are not stock shocks. You're welcome for the reply.

Holeshot

Banned
I run the factory performance ones and have been very happy. The more weight I carry the better they ride.

the factory performance shocks are stock IMO :thinking: even if you have longer springs..

Edit : but now you say you run fox, we misunderstood somewhere lol.

Holeshot

Banned
Last edited:

Holeshot

Banned
I have sent an email to northridge regarding the difference between teraflex tuned and standart and that's what they answered.

to be honest on that one i cannot tell you as i have never done a comparison with the Teraflex tuned shocks but from the reports that i have heard on them is that they are fairly close at low speeds and just a little heavier at higher speeds (again this is just what i have heard and do not have evidence to back it up )

Now, I need a little help with my understanding of the terms he used, still learning my english ;)

When he says fairly close and heavier, what it is supposed to mean? stiff at low speed and soft at high speed? :thinking:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I have sent an email to northridge regarding the difference between teraflex tuned and standart and that's what they answered.

Now, I need a little help with my understanding of the terms he used, still learning my english ;)

When he says fairly close and heavier, what it is supposed to mean? stiff at low speed and soft at high speed? :thinking:

We'll mine specifically do not have reservoir's. Mine are a little harsh over small bumps at speed or bad cracks in the highway since California workers don't know how to pave roads or have the money to fix them. The whoop type bumps they are buttery smooth and just absorb them. Handles speed bumps at all speeds great. I'll have to see which ones jkfern27 has I know he's really happy with his too. Only small bumps for some reason are the least bit harsh, everything else they're real smooth. As the way reservoir's work I would think they'd be the same just for longer periods of time. I don't have a need for them. Hopefully someone else will chime in for you.

jkfern27

I like my fox shocks as well but like previously stated they do ride a little stiff on highway but off road they work great. My buddy has the reservoir fox shocks and he had his revalved because they were too stiff for his liking

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom