Jeep is leaning to passenger side

Angry Aussie

Why is my jeep trying to do a shoulder lean? What would or could make it do this? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393111096.637206.jpg

It's an evo double d long arm kit with plush rides and has only been on for 3,000 miles. Haven't done any crazy trails or flexing but it has been on the trails since it was lifted. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TheDuff

U got something heavy in the back right corner, like a hemi or something?

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Conman

Mine has the lean a bit. Your fuel tank is on the passenger side so with a full tank you may see it more.

TheDuff

Could try swapping the rear springs around, see if the issue fallows

pvanweelden

U got something heavy in the back right corner, like a hemi or something?

I was gonna say drive around for a few hours so the gas tank isn't so full :D

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Passenger side leans are not that uncommon. If it's enough to bug you, and you have adjustable sway bar end links, you can shorten the side without the lean.

pvanweelden

Add a chubby gal in the rear driver side seat.... Problem solved!

I think he has 2 chubby girls on the passenger side now... :D
Is it only the rear that is leaning?
Like said before, check your coil seating on both sides, worse case swap coils from one side to the other and see if the lean changes, you might have one coil that has compressed too much

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

09blackruby

Mine had the same issue both stock and lifted. Used adjustable sway bar links and a 1/2in spacer on passenger rear. All fixed!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All JK's have a passenger side lean and this will get more pronounced with a lift. As mentioned, if you have adjustable sway bar links, you can set the passenger side ones longer or driver side ones shorter and that will help.

jeffd

that is excessive. I have had to JKUs and the first one had no leant with a TF 1.5" performance coil kit regardless if the tank was empty or full and my new rubicon with 2" lift has the same 1/2" front right passenger lean regardless if the tank is empty or full. It however is not noticeable to the naked eye like this one is. something else is going on besides fuel tank lol.

Top Bottom