2014 Dome Light Problem

onebeat

I've had my 2014 Anvil Rubicon for about a month now and I'm loving it. It was amazing driving around Portland in our recent "Winter Blast." It's definitely a nice upgrade from my 2000 TJ, which I'm still holding on to.

My one and only problem so far:
A couple weeks ago I had a remote start failure with the message "system fault." Ever since then, my dome light has not been turning on when I press the buttons on the dome. It does illuminate when the doors are open and when the dimmer is turned all the way forward. The other thing I noticed with the dimmer set to "all on" is that when I push the dome light buttons, the corresponding bulb will turn off or on. This also applies when the button is pushed before setting the dimmer to "all on" (the button switch is working independently of the dimmer switch). This is slightly alarming because my understanding is that the dimmer "all on" setting should turn on the dome light regardless of the button settings.

I don't want to take it to the dealer to have them tear stuff apart if it's a simple fix. Any ideas?

Drunic

I had an issue with dome light/foot lights/brake lights/seatbelt lights blinking with the blinker on my 13. I accidently found it was a short on the 2 ground wires that connect under the driver seat. I just tightened the bolt and its been fine. Dealer replaced parts galore and said "yea we don't know come back later". I'd say look for loose connections first.

onebeat

Thanks for the responses. I'll have the dealer check for codes when I pick up my license plates next week (Oregon takes forever).

In the mean time I'll take a look at those ground wires.

Top Bottom