Iron Cross Build

Iron_Cross2

Alright, figured I would start posting up pics of the build for Iron Cross. Got the Jk about 6 weeks ago after trading in my FJ Cruiser. Thankfully I had some money back to me as well as money for selling my WS6 and was able to start my build. So far these are the mods done:
MetalCloak game changer lift
MetalCloak high clearance fenders
PSC front brawler lite bumper
PSC rear brawler w/tire carrier bumper
37x12.5r17 goodyear kevlars
Steelies
ARB twin Compressor

IN THE MAIL:
Dynatrac ProRock 44 with AEV, 4.88, arb air locker, and a few others
Air tank kit for the arb twin compressor
35 spline rear shaft with 4.88's and air locker
AFE y-pipe
brawler lite front bumper skid
MetalCloak fenderwell armor

Soon to come:
1310 front and 1350 rear drive shafts
skids
rock rails if I can ever decide on Nemisis or PSC's

Here are a few pics, more to come as they go on.
556021_4262500607605_400428992_n.jpg
402839_4262500087592_1442188107_n.jpg
487270_4264411495376_1333190824_n.jpg
559097_4264411935387_1444015953_n.jpg
553690_4264412495401_1641682934_n.jpg

GCM 2

Pretty nice selection of parts going on that JK. Its looking very beefy :rock: I think either choice on the rock sliders would be pretty bullet proof. I can't remember if I have wheeled with anyone that ran the PSC rails, but judging by their bumpers, fenders and use of kit during King of the Hammers racing I would think they should be solid. I have seen the Nemesis sliders in action, and hands down they have to be the best looking and most deceivingly capable set of boatside style sliders. You wouldn't think aluminum sliders would sustain the kind of damage the Nemesis kit holds up to. I know my old aluminum Teraflex sliders where never meant to see the abuse I threw at them

Last edited:

Iron_Cross2

thanks. I really want the boat sides and really thinking about the nemisis to cut down on some more weight. they had a set up at a shop near me that were anodized orange but they were some really funky color orange so I didn't grab them. maybe next time they will have a bare set or aluminum and the money will jump out of the wallet.

DA RUNT

Awesome rig, looks great. Had a buddy smash his psc sliders into the rocks and they bent into the body. May have been a freak incident tho.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Check your clearance with the new front shaft before you install the Y pipe. You may find its not needed.

Iron_Cross2

I know that I will get the clearance with the new drive shaft which is why when the new dynatrac gets in I am getting front and rear driveshafts. But I am getting the ypipe for just peace of mind so I don't have to worry about it again.

GCM 2

Nice

Thanks for sharing the photos! Such a beautiful area of the country! I loved getting to pass through Ouray last year during the JK Experience, I only wish we would have been able to hang out in town for a little longer. Gorgeous trails and scenery in every direction!

Iron_Cross2

Thanks for sharing the photos! Such a beautiful area of the country! I loved getting to pass through Ouray last year during the JK Experience, I only wish we would have been able to hang out in town for a little longer. Gorgeous trails and scenery in every direction!

We go their at the end of every July and love it every year. only downside is that the trails are not really challenging, but the views are worth the trip. We are on the trail of the JK experience right now. After we get the new axles, gears, lockers, drive shafts, nemesis rock rails, put on next week we are first hitting up blanca peak for a camping trip and then it is off to holy cross and carnage. Even though we were told not to go up there with a 2 month old jeep so we don't hurt the new body. It is what we got it for, doesn't matter to me if I bang it up 1 week after buying it or 1 year.

Tabers

Great lookin rig!!! looking forward to see its progress over time ... keep the pics up! Subscribed ...

StrizzyChris

I know that I will get the clearance with the new drive shaft which is why when the new dynatrac gets in I am getting front and rear driveshafts. But I am getting the ypipe for just peace of mind so I don't have to worry about it again.

I cant remember who, and I hope they chime in for first hand experience, but another member on here stated that they had to modify some form of heat shield with their Y-pipe. It placed the pipe too close to the drive shaft u-joints and caused them to overheat and fail. Not sure if they have had any more problems since they made the heat shield. (wow thats a post un uncertainty and no solid info...so I guess just food for thought :bleh: )

StrizzyChris

ahh ha! With a little effort I was able to find it...it was BDMcKenna who had the issue

I used the aFe "Y" pipe and changed the driveshaft. One thing that came up is that when I relocated the "Y" pipe it moved it closer to the double cardan. The heat from the "Y" pipe caused the grease to come out of the driveshaft and causing failure at the double cardan joint. After this happened I wrapped the "Y" pipe with wrap and built a heat shield around it.

it was posted on this thread

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4653-12-Exhaust-when-lifting

Iron_Cross2

Thanks for the post about the y pipe. I will get down and look at it tomorrow. I haven't noticed any problems yet though.

I like the net. I just want to change it out and eventually do the nac-attack net.

Top Bottom