Trek Top NX

09blackruby

I see a bunch of posts in regards to this top, many are running it with both negative and positive opinions. I love the looks of it and all the features it offers. My question is this.. For those that have had a factory soft top would u sell your factory soft top to purchase the TTNX? Is the quality about the same? I have a hardtop too so this would not need to be my primary top in the cold weather. Thank you in advance...

JKFlyer

Iove mine ...flip back is easy And is a more solid top than stock imo. Issue getting in to trunk is a pain if something big but well worth the fastback look IMO which I love on a jeep. In fact I have a fastback hardtop on order

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

bl17z90

I would totally sell my factory top, if i had a hard top. Since I only have my soft top i would put it on in the winter and use my trektop in the summer.

I sold my factory soft top for one, i have two complaints and its bugging me enough to go back to stock actually haha first it is constantly flapping along the edges above the doors i can see daylight outsdie as i drive it lifts about an inch! the springs that pull the cables tight on the sides have stretched out even because there so tight... my place it try and sew velcro to the soft top and stick velcro to the plastic chanell to hold it down if possible becasue it drives me insane

Second problem is the back window doesnt seal against the tailgate right but it doesnt bug me as much and the top flapping up and down in the air

as for the style i LOVE the style everyone i know loves it makes the jeep look unreal! just those two things after a year are really irritating me haha

I purchased the Trektop NX right before Christmas and put it on middle of January and love it. I had an issue with the windtunnel effect but since have solved it. I have a factory hard top and not sure if it will every go back on. I like the instant bikini top option. If you sell your soft top you can use the door surrounds or order the ones from Bestop.

R/
Will

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I am very happy with my trektop, no leaks, or any other issues. It is kind of a pita to put on sometimes tho. The bikini feature is my favorite part since its so easy. It does flap a little at times, but I think thats due to the snorkel since it only happens on that side it seems.

Last edited:

LJ_olllllllo

I just got a roofrack that sits a few inches above the roof line. Does it fold back like a normal hard top? Cuz I don't want to have to tilt the rack back everyone I want the top down

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

09blackruby

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm still kinda on the fence. I did post my soft top on CL for a price that will more than cover the purchase price of a TT so, I guess I'll see what happens. If anyone else wants to give me their thoughts on the quality of the TT over factory soft top please feel free. Thanks again.

Hack12

If anyone else wants to give me their thoughts on the quality of the TT over factory soft top please feel free. Thanks again.

This top is wonderful. I sold my hardtop AND soft top after I purchased this. I haven't looked back since and that was 2 winters ago. I've never had a leak or a problem zipping/unzipping the windows. I also have a perfect seal at the tailgate, never had a drop in the cargo area.

As far as quality is concerned, the Trektop NX is made by Bestop. Bestop is the company contracted by Jeep to manufacture their factory soft tops. The only difference is that the factory soft tops don't come with the Bestop logo on them. The NX is made with the exact same materials, care, and quality as a factory soft top from Jeep.

If a quality comparison with your factory top is your main concern, then you should rest easy my friend!

TheLloyd

I ended up getting the new Trektop NX Twill. I really like the difference in the material inside and out. I do have one issue with the rear zipper on the right. It does not go all the way down. Stops at about 1" short. Possibly needs a little more sun and warmth to make it happen. As for the hardtop, there are benefits. Such as parking at the airport or downtown In the city. But other than that I can't see myself switching back to the hardtop.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I ended up getting the new Trektop NX Twill. I really like the difference in the material inside and out. I do have one issue with the rear zipper on the right. It does not go all the way down. Stops at about 1" short. Possibly needs a little more sun and warmth to make it happen. As for the hardtop, there are benefits. Such as parking at the airport or downtown In the city. But other than that I can't see myself switching back to the hardtop.

I really want to ride in someone's with this twill material as it's supposed to be quieter. Heat is definitely your friend with these tops and don't force it!

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

This top is wonderful. I sold my hardtop AND soft top after I purchased this. I haven't looked back since and that was 2 winters ago. I've never had a leak or a problem zipping/unzipping the windows. I also have a perfect seal at the tailgate, never had a drop in the cargo area.

As far as quality is concerned, the Trektop NX is made by Bestop. Bestop is the company contracted by Jeep to manufacture their factory soft tops. The only difference is that the factory soft tops don't come with the Bestop logo on them. The NX is made with the exact same materials, care, and quality as a factory soft top from Jeep.

If a quality comparison with your factory top is your main concern, then you should rest easy my friend!

Mine is very far from perfect. The tailgate seal doesn't. Either way I wouldn't go back to my hardtop!

TheLloyd

I really want to ride in someone's with this twill material as it's supposed to be quieter. Heat is definitely your friend with these tops and don't force it!

I don't know what others experience, but the noise isn't bad. I would say close to the hard top but not as quiet. One of the plus features. You don't have to slam the doors to close them.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I don't know what others experience, but the noise isn't bad. I would say close to the hard top but not as quiet. One of the plus features. You don't have to slam the doors to close them.

Weird, I still do. Not so much without the rear windows but yeah, let the door slamming commence!

Hack12

Mine is very far from perfect. The tailgate seal doesn't. Either way I wouldn't go back to my hardtop!

What kind of tailgate bar are you using? The first generation NX's used a terribly designed tailgate bar. However, the newer second generation NX's come with a tailgate bar that is nearly identical to the factory tailgate bars. That is the one I got and I have never had any fitment issues.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

What kind of tailgate bar are you using? The first generation NX's used a terribly designed tailgate bar. However, the newer second generation NX's come with a tailgate bar that is nearly identical to the factory tailgate bars. That is the one I got and I have never had any fitment issues.

Didn't know they were updated. I got my top from quadratec in September or October I think. I have a few other concerns, I really need to quit whining on here and send them the pictures haha. Just hasn't been that big of a deal since we are having a second summer for our winter.

Hack12

Didn't know they were updated. I got my top from quadratec in September or October I think. I have a few other concerns, I really need to quit whining on here and send them the pictures haha. Just hasn't been that big of a deal since we are having a second summer for our winter.

If you got yours that recently then I would assume you have the newer tailgate bar, unless Quadratec is shipping really old stock, which I doubt. Nice to hear from someone who isn't getting pounded by snow on a daily basis though!

09blackruby

Again, Thanks for all the info. Based on what everyone is saying, I'm going to push forward and try to make the switch from factory ST to a TT. Sounds like there may be some little issues but, they can be resolved and it's hit or miss. I guess thats part of what jeeps are all about, fixing all the little things the factory can't. Jeep lean, clunky doors, steering knock.. I've fixed them all.. Must I go on? :). I love my Jeep. Thanks again..

09blackruby

I just got a roofrack that sits a few inches above the roof line. Does it fold back like a normal hard top? Cuz I don't want to have to tilt the rack back everyone I want the top down

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't have a TT yet. I believe the top flaps back just like the factory ST so, this would still be an issue where your rack would be in the way. Does this answer your question?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I just got a roofrack that sits a few inches above the roof line. Does it fold back like a normal hard top? Cuz I don't want to have to tilt the rack back everyone I want the top down Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The top has the sunrider feature, and then it can become a bikini top once the windows are pulled. It does not fold down like the stock top.

Top Bottom