Burning (no itching) after wheeling

Billabong

OK, so I was dumb. Going to put it right out there from the start.

Took my '12 JKU Sport 6-speed on the beach, but I didn't air down my tires. In the past, I wheeled my 2-doors on the beach without airing down. So I figured, "Hey, the new Jeep should be able to do this as well! Why waste five minutes of my time!" :naw:

Well, driving forward was a little difficult, but she did ok. Until it came time to back into the dunes. Stalled. That was my warning, which I ignored. Started back up (forgot to press the button to turn off swervey-driving). Rev'ed & rev'ed backwards, with slow movement, but moved. When I stopped, a plume of smoke from under the hood, and that smell. You know the smell.

When it came time to leave, first gear went in ok. But when I let off the clutch, she bucked and lost RPM alot more than usual. Back on road, starting from a dead stop is not the way it was before this incident. She bucks and almost stalls. Have to give alot of gas to get going smooth (like up over 3K on the tach) Once driving though, it's not bad. Although it seems like she's turning higher RPMs on the tach as I go through gears. And there is still "the smell", though not as bad.

Me thinks I broke the clutch. :(
The only good news (I hope) is that she's only got 2K miles on her. Going to bring it to dealer to see if they can do anything. It's a "wear out", but even that is covered for 12-month/12K miles.

Top Bottom