Rock Krawler lift

TJ KID

So I have a buddy selling his Rick Krawler lift. It is a 3 link front and a 3 link rear. I was just seeing if anyone has any experience with it. Maybe some pros and cons of the system.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T217S using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not real fond of their joints but otherwise, it's a decent kit. Depending on how tall of a lift it is and much he's selling it for, it might be worth considering. If it's pretty tall, I'd be willing to bet that he's selling it for a long arm kit and that would really be the better way to go for you as well.

TJ KID

I'm not real fond of their joints but otherwise, it's a decent kit. Depending on how tall of a lift it is and much he's selling it for, it might be worth considering. If it's pretty tall, I'd be willing to bet that he's selling it for a long arm kit and that would really be the better way to go for you as well.

It is a long arm lift and he is running the 5 inch springs. He is selling if for 700. However I found a guy who would make a lift b out of DOM and would be a 4 link rear and what ever size springs I needed with him for 1200. What do you think? 5" to big

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It is a long arm lift and he is running the 5 inch springs. He is selling if for 700. However I found a guy who would make a lift b out of DOM and would be a 4 link rear and what ever size springs I needed with him for 1200. What do you think? 5" to big

5" would be about right if you're planning on running 37's but crazy tall on anything less than a long arm kit. If you really can get a custom long arm like with new belly up skid for $1200, that's a steal. Of course, you still need to address your transfer case, rear drive shaft, brake lines, shocks, sway bar links, steering geometry, etc.

TJ KID

5" would be about right if you're planning on running 37's but crazy tall on anything less than a long arm kit. If you really can get a custom long arm like with new belly up skid for $1200, that's a steal. Of course, you still need to address your transfer case, rear drive shaft, brake lines, shocks, sway bar links, steering geometry, etc.

I was thinking of doing 35's until the axles are done. So do you think the 4 inch will be good? Also he was saying I would not need a SYE kit? The steering is the JCR 1 ton steering kit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking of doing 35's until the axles are done. So do you think the 4 inch will be good?

To clear your factory fenders, yeah, you might need about 4" of lift to clear 35's and so long as you are installing a long arm kit, that'll be fine. If you're going to do this with short arms, your ride will suck especially on pavement. Of course, the new school of thinking is to install proper bump stop extensions and modify or install flat fenders so that you can run 35's with less lift - maybe 3".
Also he was saying I would not need a SYE kit?

If he really said that, I would really question any advice he'd have to offer. Sure, you can try and install a t-case drop but with 4" of lift, it'd have to be one hell of a drop and I can guarantee you that you will still have vibrations. Of course, what's the point in spending all that money to get your belly off the ground just to purposefully lower it again. Are you sure what he's selling is a long arm kit or, is it just a lame short arm kit with arms that are a tiny bit longer than stock and being played off as "long arms"?

The steering is the JCR 1 ton steering kit

Sorry, not familiar with JCR. So long as it drops your pitman arm or flips the draglink, it should be fine with that much lift.

TJ KID

To clear your factory fenders, yeah, you might need about 4" of lift to clear 35's and so long as you are installing a long arm kit, that'll be fine. If you're going to do this with short arms, your ride will suck especially on pavement. Of course, the new school of thinking is to install proper bump stop extensions and modify or install flat fenders so that you can run 35's with less lift - maybe 3".

If he really said that, I would really question any advice he'd have to offer. Sure, you can try and install a t-case drop but with 4" of lift, it'd have to be one hell of a drop and I can guarantee you that you will still have vibrations. Of course, what's the point in spending all that money to get your belly off the ground just to purposefully lower it again. Are you sure what he's selling is a long arm kit or, is it just a lame short arm kit with arms that are a tiny bit longer than stock and being played off as "long arms"?

Sorry, not familiar with JCR. So long as it drops your pitman arm or flips the draglink, it should be fine with that much lift.

Thanks for the advice. So I should really look at the 3 link front and 3 link rear from this other guy selling it. Just iffy on only 3 links

StrizzyChris

Thanks for the advice. So I should really look at the 3 link front and 3 link rear from this other guy selling it. Just iffy on only 3 links

I would never run a 3-link like RK uses and upgrade to their 4link version. The 3link system utilizes the stock bracketry which is well known to sheer off with the stress from full axle articulation. At that point you are instantly stranded whereever you are at when it breaks. With a 4 link, you at least have 3 links remaining to get you home and until you can repair the damaged bracket. Continue to be iffy!!!

TJ KID

I would never run a 3-link like RK uses and upgrade to their 4link version. The 3link system utilizes the stock bracketry which is well known to sheer off with the stress from full axle articulation. At that point you are instantly stranded whereever you are at when it breaks. With a 4 link, you at least have 3 links remaining to get you home and until you can repair the damaged bracket. Continue to be iffy!!!

Thank you for the advice man. That is what I was starting to think.

TJ KID

Since I have a short arm once go to long arm I can get rid of the t case drop correct.

Top Bottom