D44 vs PR44

RedRubicon17

What's the difference between the factory D44 and a pro rock 44? Is it really worth the money to get a PR44 compared to getting a factory D44?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A factory front Dana 44 is really only a 44 in name only due to it's 44 differential and beefier axle shafts. Everything else on it is a Dana 30. A ProRock 44 is BETTER than a true 44 especially with the Unlimited version as it has 3" diameter tubes that are 1/2" thick, has super beefy end forgings and brackets, has a proprietary profiled differential to provide MAXIMUM clearance and has built in +6° of caster for better handling. Trust me, it is totally worth the money. If you can afford it, I would make sure to get it with ProSteer ball joints and chromoly shafts with full circle clips.

Wayalife covered the high points very well. In case you didn't get all your questions answered, we have some detailed info on our website for this product. Here is the link:

http://www.dynatrac.com/products/jk/pro-rock44.html

There are some tabs at the bottom of that web page. Each has specific info that I think will help you. The "download" tab has a very detailed FAQ sheet that has even more info, and tech specs too.

If that still leaves you wondering, please feel free to call in and fire questions at random. It's our job to make you feel confident in your decision. After a good look at the product, I am sure you will agree. Then it's just a matter of timing.

Sithwindu

Have a quick question that I cant seem to find a answer for that completely assures me, on a pr44 if you opt for the chromoly shaft, will you need to order custom shafts if they break? Anyone make Chromoly's specific for pr44?

Heholua

Have a quick question that I cant seem to find a answer for that completely assures me, on a pr44 if you opt for the chromoly shaft, will you need to order custom shafts if they break? Anyone make Chromoly's specific for pr44?

No, you do not need custom shafts, but you do need the correct spline count to match the locker you install. I have 30 spline RCVs in mine.

Top Bottom