AGM Sliders

I was looking for installation instructions for coilovers and saw these mentioned. Does anyone use these gizmos and are they worth the $100+ they sell for? 1393284074937.jpg

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

utiadam

LOSER
I have been looking into getting them. I barely bought my Evo bolt on King coilovers so I think it will be a while before anything actually wears out. I was just thinking doing it now would save the headache of readjusting later on. The design makes sense being a stronger housing with billet aluminum and having 3 pieces (upper coil retainer, lower coil retainer, and sleeve). I want to know why King wouldnt have them from the beginning. I think Rebel off road has the best pricing on them around $95 each. If you buy direct through All German Motorsports I think its $120 or so each.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaacMh3qW5E

I can understand protecting an investment for sure, but since this is the first I've heard of them (coilovers are going to be a whole new animal to me anyway), wasn't sure if they are widely used or not or if they actually do any good. Can't wait to hear more on this.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SaddleTramp

There are a few of us on here running these, I've got them and I had them installed when my lift and coilovers were installed so I never ran without them and I don't have prior experience to compare to.

As to the "are they worth it", I'm not sure, I didn't pay for mine and I'd probably rather put this $$$ toward other upgrades. I do know I haven't had any of the "clicking" that others with coilovers say they hear but I'm not sure if quiet is worth $400-500, :idontknow:

They're supposed to keep the springs straighter, be quieter and decrease wear on the threads/shock body but I don't think there's anything wrong with the traditional out of the box option, there's been a few hard miles ran and races won on the standard OEM/version, ;) and I'm not sure if the above benefits were ever really problems. The timing rings/secondary nuts also have to be set differently than where they'd be for the traditional sliders to accommodate for the longer sleeve length but that seems to be part of the dialing in process (fun) with coilovers and each rig's specific weight, spring rates and drivers preference anyway.

FWIW, King has their own version with similar function now too, http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=PR-SLIDER for a lot less. AGM has a few youtube video's out there too.

Last edited:

utiadam

LOSER
There are a few of us on here running these, I've got them and I had them installed when my lift and coilovers were installed so I never ran without them and I don't have prior experience to compare to.

As to the "are they worth it", I'm not sure, I didn't pay for mine and I'd probably rather put this $$$ toward other upgrades. I do know I haven't had any of the "clicking" that others with coilovers say they hear but I'm not sure if quiet is worth $400-500, :idontknow:

They're supposed to keep the springs straighter, be quieter and decrease wear on the threads/shock body but I don't think there's anything wrong with the traditional out of the box option, there's been a few hard miles ran and races won on the standard OEM/version, ;) and I'm not sure if the above benefits were ever really problems. The timing rings/secondary nuts also have to be set differently than where they'd be for the traditional sliders to accommodate for the longer sleeve length but that seems to be part of the dialing in process (fun) with coilovers and each rig's specific weight, spring rates and drivers preference anyway.

FWIW, King has their own version with similar function now too, http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=PR-SLIDER for a lot less. AGM has a few youtube video's out there too.

NICE!! Im all over that for $50 each. Id rather keep the factory blue look especially if it says King on it. BTW, does anyone know if the Evo kit is King 2.0 or King 2.5 coilovers? The billet King slider is only for the 2.0 coilovers. The springs on mine say 2.5. Im guessing if I chose to change them Ill be stuck with the AGM ones.

SaddleTramp

NICE!! Im all over that for $50 each. Id rather keep the factory blue look especially if it says King on it. BTW, does anyone know if the Evo kit is King 2.0 or King 2.5 coilovers? The billet King slider is only for the 2.0 coilovers. The springs on mine say 2.5. Im guessing if I chose to change them Ill be stuck with the AGM ones.

EVO bolt ons are 2.0 Coilovers, the springs are listed as 2.5 ID. These sliders listed for 2.0 coilovers will fit. If you ever change springs, they will be labeled 2.5.

utiadam

LOSER
EVO bolt ons are 2.0 Coilovers, the springs are listed as 2.5 ID. These sliders listed for 2.0 coilovers will fit. If you ever change springs, they will be labeled 2.5.

Cool! Thanks for the info. Do all the front kits come with dual 250lb springs? That's what mine are. Who has changed their springs on here?

SaddleTramp

Cool! Thanks for the info. Do all the front kits come with dual 250lb springs? That's what mine are. Who has changed their springs on here?

Mine are currently still 250/250 front, 200/250 rear but I may look to experiment with my rears due to weight of my rig.

You'd have to reach out to Drew for the above question for the fronts starting point/basic setup, I won't even pretend to know what I'm talking about beyond my own setup, this is all new to me too, :).

There's a number of folks on here who've changed things out according to weight, driving styles, lift height, etc., that's part of the fun and benefit of coilovers!

Last edited:

TonyT

Caught the Bug
I've got them on my 2.5" Kings (14" front and rear.)

The way it was explained to me is the typical sliders wear and deform during harsh conditions. Too much heat or a bad jounce and they can break possibly causing irreversible damage to the shock body. I'm not bombing through the desert racing for a finish-line, so I certainly don't fall into that category, but I figured since my wallet was open I'd give them a try.

I don't think they are quieter or smoother than the regular sliders, but they are a little extra bling and a nod to racing technology and I like that.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I've got them on my 2.5" Kings (14" front and rear.)

The way it was explained to me is the typical sliders wear and deform during harsh conditions. Too much heat or a bad jounce and they can break possibly causing irreversible damage to the shock body. I'm not bombing through the desert racing for a finish-line, so I certainly don't fall into that category, but I figured since my wallet was open I'd give them a try.

I don't think they are quieter or smoother than the regular sliders, but they are a little extra bling and a nod to racing technology and I like that.

Thanks, Appreciate the feedback.

Top Bottom