JK plug wire tray??

Jeepster197

I just purchased a 2008 JK 4dr 57k a week ago and i was changing out the plugs and wires as part of a normal tune up, and i snapped all the clips on the plug wire tray on the passenger side while removing it. My question, is it worth replacing it or just leave it out all together? I do not see the need for it other than showing you where the # direction of the wires. Is there a danger of not re installing this plastic tray? Has anybody else just discarded this piece of plastic? Any info would be great, thx.

txjeeplover

I just purchased a 2008 JK 4dr 57k a week ago and i was changing out the plugs and wires as part of a normal tune up, and i snapped all the clips on the plug wire tray on the passenger side while removing it. My question, is it worth replacing it or just leave it out all together? I do not see the need for it other than showing you where the # direction of the wires. Is there a danger of not re installing this plastic tray? Has anybody else just discarded this piece of plastic? Any info would be great, thx.

That tray routes the passenger side wires away from the EGR tube and also reduces the possibility of misfire that could occur if the wires were to cross each other. You always want to do your best to prevent the wires in your wireset from touching each other.

I considered replacing that tray with wire separators available at any parts store, but that tray is like $5 at the dealer. For $5, I don't mind picking up a new one with each tune-up.

Top Bottom