Jeep Navigation Updating - 730N RHR

pastorwug

How does this happen, or can it happen?
Only through the dealer?
I've searched online and can't find something specific to this model, just Gracenotes updates.
I knoe it's a Garmin Nav but the Garmin site doesn't say anything about upgrading their Jeep Navigation either.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
If it is Garmin then it's a 430N RHB. The 730N RHR uses a different navigation client. The link listed above is where you go. It's kind of pricey.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I did a few searches. The latest RHR 730N software is version 2.184. Not sure of the forum rules here linking to other forums so if you just search google for that version you can find the link to download it.

pastorwug

I did a few searches. The latest RHR 730N software is version 2.184. Not sure of the forum rules here linking to other forums so if you just search google for that version you can find the link to download it.

I now have the latest 730N RHR Version 2.184 Update CD - if anyone needs it just PM or email me and I'll send it to ya! :thumb:
You just have to promise to send it on to the next person when you're done.
The update took about 10 minutes.

pastorwug

So, off goes the update CD to Edguy here on the forum.

Contact him if you want to be next in line to use the update CD. :clap2:

Moochie

So, off goes the update CD to Edguy here on the forum.

Contact him if you want to be next in line to use the update CD. :clap2:

Are you talking about the map update? I thought these were VIN specific. The operating software is not.

pastorwug

Are you talking about the map update? I thought these were VIN specific. The operating software is not.

I recently bought this 730N from a fellow on WOL and looked into an update, I thought mine was a Garmin Nav but it isn't so I did a search and found the Disk Image on file in Switzerland (of all places). Downloaded it and made the disk and did the update - now it may be just a system update, not sure, and it may also be a map update (also not sure) but I didn't really see any specific map differences as yet. This CD does change the Application Version to the version listed above in this thread and the Gracenotes version.

pastorwug

I map updates are VIN specific then I doubt I will ever be able to get a map update since this 730N was original equipment on my JKUR.
I'm not sure about the Application updates as to whether they are something you get charged for at the dealer to have installed but the resource I found seems to make sure all Jeep-Chrysler owners can update their units themselves.
Based upon the input here what I have is not likely the map update just the system or application updates - still nice to do I'm thinking.
I doubt if ANY map update would ever be worth $100 or more.

Moochie

I map updates are VIN specific then I doubt I will ever be able to get a map update since this 730N was original equipment on my JKUR.
I'm not sure about the Application updates as to whether they are something you get charged for at the dealer to have installed but the resource I found seems to make sure all Jeep-Chrysler owners can update their units themselves.
Based upon the input here what I have is not likely the map update just the system or application updates - still nice to do I'm thinking.
I doubt if ANY map update would ever be worth $100 or more.

I've updated mine once in 5 years. There is another available now. I think it's about $130.00. I will do it again soon. The new road updates are nice but, the POI updates are very useful for the long haul.

pastorwug

I've updated mine once in 5 years. There is another available now. I think it's about $130.00. I will do it again soon. The new road updates are nice but, the POI updates are very useful for the long haul.

Garmin used to sell Lifetime Map Updates - I'm guessing that whoever does the maps on the 730N isn't that generous? :thinking:

Top Bottom