Rough Country lift

Fragsrus

Let me start by stating a few things before I ask my question. I currently have 35s with some form of budget boost kift (approximately 2-2.5", unsure exactly as it was on the Jeep when I bought it). Unfortunately, the 35s try their best to rip my fenders off, especially after I added 1.5" wheel spacers to get them away from the frame. I would like to avoid cutting the fenders, if at all possible, and sadly best-of-the-best isnt at all within the budget. I was thinking, hoping really, that a new suspension lift, about 3", with new shocks and bumpstops would do the trick. I am looking at something like this Rough Country lift http://www.jeep4x4center.com/rough-...on-lift-kit-w-performance-shocks-rc-694p.html. Now, the real question is, would something like this suit my needs? Or is there something else, around the same price point, or possibly just a bit more, that would be a better option? Any and all experiences and opinions are welcome, as long as it doesn't turn into the Teraflex thread from last year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

From my experience if you settle now later on you will bite the bullet and get a better lift. I went with a budget lift of 2.5 inches which included shocks, coils and rear track bar relocation bracket. After 6 months I have replaced the coils, shocks and LCA's. From what I have invested in the inital lift and upgrades it would have been better to hold off and get the better lift. See if you can find someone in your local area that is running this and see how it feels. you may ride in and realize it is not for you and save yourself $400.

R/
Will

13gecko

I had that same lift. I honestly thought it rode like crap. Ill think I'll be ordering a long arm lift from EVO in the next month or so. Like Canvas JK said, I would just go with a higher quality lift. Not saying you shouldn't get it, but I wouldn't buy it again. I guess it all comes down to what you do with it and how much you are willing to spend. If it's just for light off road it may work out great.

myself and two buddies all had rough country lifts on our JKUs

when we only drove the street they worked great smooth ride adn handling except all our shocks leaked! once we started wheeling they fell apart....

the kit gets it up and thats it do not abuse it!

since have gone with EVO 4" i have no wheeled the kit yet so im not sure how much it will sag on me but i lost 2" with rough country over 11 months of abuse...

If you wheel buy something better spend over a grand for quality and dependability but if you just rock the city then rough country is great

Spetz

I had a RC lift on an older JKU. While the price was good, the quality was not. Within 3 months I had blown two shocks (both right rear) with only street driving. Spend a little more at the beginning and you'll be better off.

That said, on my current 2dr Rubi, I'm going with a the AEV 2.5". I'm not a hardcore rock hound, more trails with limited technical sections and some mud. Haven't heard a bad thing yet about them and it fits 35's with no issue.

Fragsrus

Well, I definitely plan to wheel with it. It's already seen some off-road action and I am very surprised my fenders are still attached. I just found a Pro Comp 3.5, pretty similar setup, for about $700, http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-Shocks/3-5-Inch-Lift-Kit-with-ES9000-Shocks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=EXPK3100B. Would Pro Comp be a better deal? I fully understand the idea of "you get what you pay for", but right now, another more just isnt in the budget and I really want to clear these 35s before the summer hits and we start going to the more challenging areas of the PNW. I suppose if there really are no reliable set-ups in this price range then I will just resort to trimming the fenders and saving up, but I kinda like the stock fender look.

mattfl

Let me start by stating a few things before I ask my question. I currently have 35s with some form of budget boost kift (approximately 2-2.5", unsure exactly as it was on the Jeep when I bought it). Unfortunately, the 35s try their best to rip my fenders off, especially after I added 1.5" wheel spacers to get them away from the frame. I would like to avoid cutting the fenders, if at all possible, and sadly best-of-the-best isnt at all within the budget. I was thinking, hoping really, that a new suspension lift, about 3", with new shocks and bumpstops would do the trick. I am looking at something like this Rough Country lift http://www.jeep4x4center.com/rough-...on-lift-kit-w-performance-shocks-rc-694p.html. Now, the real question is, would something like this suit my needs? Or is there something else, around the same price point, or possibly just a bit more, that would be a better option? Any and all experiences and opinions are welcome, as long as it doesn't turn into the Teraflex thread from last year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have that lift in my JKU. Have had it on for over 2 years, no issues at all with it and I wheel it often. Even with that lift though, I was still rubbing my stock fenders.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
honestly i would still hold out. i have heard negative things on both lifts you mentioned. no one has been happy with them. if i were you i would do what canvasjk said and hold out for a bit and save up.

mattfl

honestly i would still hold out. i have heard negative things on both lifts you mentioned. no one has been happy with them. if i were you i would do what canvasjk said and hold out for a bit and save up.

I'm extremely happy with mine :idontknow:

i agree with everyone you still have 3 months before the snow is gone and the mud dries up... save up some money as hard and as tempting as it is not to buy just so you have a lift and get quality!!

bl17z90

There are a couple guys on here running the Teraflex 2.5" kit. That will clear 35's for you just fine but people say the coils are a little stiff.

In5ane1

Fwiw,

I have the 2.5" spring kit and you cant really beat the value. Plus you get lifetime warranty. Not by any means the BEST kit on market or the most comfortable. ..but again, its a great value.

A buddy of mine has fhe same kit your are looking at and loves it. Actually he has bought two of these kits for 2 different jk's he has owned. He hasnt had the first problem.

I might suggest different shocks...but I think you will be happy.

Jiffy05

Don't do it. I have a RC lift and it is so horrible. Like everyone says just save for a little bit longer and get a better quality lift.

In5ane1

Only you know your budget and needs. For the $200 I paid for my kit, im pleased. Good luck with your choice!

sirion

Just want to add my own experience with the Rough Country lifts. I have a 3.5" Series-II kit. The RC shocks were very stiff on the road. My second trip out wheeling both front shocks blew out. On a sad note, the ride was nice and soft aftwards :D

I have had all four N2.0 shocks replaced under warranty, and after they began failing again 10,000 miles ago I replaced them all with Skyjacker Hydros. I LOVE these for the price, and they suit me fine until I'm ready for some nicer stuff.

Top Bottom