JK Lift

mayor01

I just purchased a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and inquired with my local offroad shop about a 2.5" lift kit and a set of 35" tires. I was advised I would need to lift the front end 3.5" since "JK's are not suspension level from the factory." Is this correct?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
that's a matter of opinion and not fact. all vehicles come with what is known as a "factory rake" and that can look to some as though the nose is dipping down. when people try to correct this rake, i personally feel that the vehicle in question looks like it's sagging in the rear. of course, when you load up your jeep with gear, it will sag even more or, if you leave well enough alone, it'll look level when wheeling. does that make sense? of course, to each their own. :yup:

mayor01

that's a matter of opinion and not fact. all vehicles come with what is known as a "factory rake" and that can look to some as though the nose is dipping down. when people try to correct this rake, i personally feel that the vehicle in question looks like it's sagging in the rear. of course, when you load up your jeep with gear, it will sag even more or, if you leave well enough alone, it'll look level when wheeling. does that make sense? of course, to each their own. :yup:

Yes - it makes sense. Many Thanks!

Top Bottom