Visiting San Diego! Entertainment suggestions?

Sithwindu

I'll be in San Diego to visit my girlfriends pops, April 11th to the 15th, anyone got suggestions for a good time?

Iv heard about a place called gladis dunes that rents out atvs and side by sides. Anyone else got another suggestion? Since I won't be visiting in my jeep to hit a trail :/

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Glamis sand dunes and it's about 2 hours east of San Diego. What are you looking to do for entertainment? There is a lot to do in San Diego and 4 days isn't a lot of time.

there's tons of things to do at Coronado bay. Tour the USS midway, there's a pirate ship, submarines, and other interesting ships to walk around in. Rent seadoos, walk around seaport village, go to the zoo, etc...

Sithwindu

Glamis sand dunes and it's about 2 hours east of San Diego. What are you looking to do for entertainment? There is a lot to do in San Diego and 4 days isn't a lot of time.
Yeah not a lot of time at all! Just any recommendations, dining areas, sight seeing, breweries (I love beer!!) rock climbing (either by vehicle or hands) just anything fun really!!

I'm also hoping josh (aka ilikedirt2011) will be in town, so was considering doing glamis or something similair to get my off-Roading fix lol

Sithwindu

there's tons of things to do at Coronado bay. Tour the USS midway, there's a pirate ship, submarines, and other interesting ships to walk around in. Rent seadoos, walk around seaport village, go to the zoo, etc...

That might be perfect! My buddy is eod navy there.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

All that stuff is harbor drive area which is across the bay from Coronado.

Food wise, South Beach has the best fish tacos around if you're into that. That is in Ocean Beach. Hodad's has a great burger as well and they have two locations one in Ocean Beach and the other is downtown. Pizza Port is a micro brewery and has pretty good pizza and beers. They have multiple locations around San Diego. If you are in the downtown area there is a ton of bars and restaurants around that are pretty good. Just walking around will give you ideas of what you want. If you're young Pacific Beach had the club type atmosphere.

Also close to downtown is he zoo as Sean mentioned, Balboa Park, Cabrillo National Monument. There is a rock climbing gym right by the airport if you want to check that out. That should be enough stuff to get you started with stuff to do.

I haven't heard or seen from Josh since his jeep was stolen.

Sithwindu

All that stuff is harbor drive area which is across the bay from Coronado.

Food wise, South Beach has the best fish tacos around if you're into that. That is in Ocean Beach. Hodad's has a great burger as well and they have two locations one in Ocean Beach and the other is downtown. Pizza Port is a micro brewery and has pretty good pizza and beers. They have multiple locations around San Diego. If you are in the downtown area there is a ton of bars and restaurants around that are pretty good. Just walking around will give you ideas of what you want. If you're young Pacific Beach had the club type atmosphere.

Also close to downtown is he zoo as Sean mentioned, Balboa Park, Cabrillo National Monument. There is a rock climbing gym right by the airport if you want to check that out. That should be enough stuff to get you started with stuff to do.

I haven't heard or seen from Josh since his jeep was stolen.

Thanks a lot overlanderjk. That should keep me busy!

Yeah josh has been busy with military an the worst possible luck on the planet, shortly after his jeep was stolen, he was going down a 2 way in his r6, car came I to his lane and he had to swerve off-road to prevent a head on collision, hit a boulder and rolled several times (he's ok, just ass rash) Got another bike, and that just it recently stolen. :/

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks a lot overlanderjk. That should keep me busy!

Yeah josh has been busy with military an the worst possible luck on the planet, shortly after his jeep was stolen, he was going down a 2 way in his r6, car came I to his lane and he had to swerve off-road to prevent a head on collision, hit a boulder and rolled several times (he's ok, just ass rash) Got another bike, and that just it recently stolen. :/

Oh wow that sucks! He needs a garage.

Brankz

I'll be in San Diego to visit my girlfriends pops, April 11th to the 15th, anyone got suggestions for a good time?

Iv heard about a place called gladis dunes that rents out atvs and side by sides. Anyone else got another suggestion? Since I won't be visiting in my jeep to hit a trail :/

I know a good strip club. Lol

pastorwug

All great suggestions, particularly those in Coronado where I was born and raised.
Hotel Del Coronado is always worth a walk around - originally wired by Thomas Edison himself.
Good restaurants as well, but quite pricey.

The Sunday Morning brunch in the Crown Room (not sure if this is still happening) is off the chain!

If, perhaps you do go to Tijuana - don't drive there, particularly at night - Revolution Street is a nightmare and Police always looking to ticket you and collect the fine right there.
Some street stop lights ALSO have stop signs - watch out for those - light turns green but you still have to make a full stop. Ticket money making machine right there.
Park on the San Ysidro side of the border and walk across - have your Passport with you and you can follow the crowd to Revolution Street bars and shows - if that's what you want.

I started going to Tijuana with other kids in High School, much fun, much trouble.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Brankz

All great suggestions, particularly those in Coronado where I was born and raised.
Hotel Del Coronado is always worth a walk around - originally wired by Thomas Edison himself.

The Sunday Morning brunch in the Crown Room (not sure if this is still happening) is off the chain!

If, perhaps you do go to Tijuana - don't drive there, particularly at night - Revolution Street is a nightmare and Police always looking to ticket you and collect the fine right there.
Some street stop lights ALSO have stop signs - watch out for those - light turns green but you still have to make a full stop. Ticket money making machine right there.
Park on the San Ysidro side of the border and walk across - have your Passport with you and you can follow the crowd to Revolution Street bars and shows - if that's what you want.

I started going to Tijuana with other kids in High School, much fun, much trouble.

Have fun!

The buffet in Coronado hotel is the best!

Sithwindu

Have fun!

I grew up in south Texas, and if y'all's border is anything like ours? (Matamoros and progresso) then no thanks! I like my head on my shoulders and not thrown Into populated traffic hah

Top Bottom