10" Lightbar recommendations: Spot or Flood? Amber or white?

jkjurny

Hi everyone,

I'm getting ready to spend my tax refund :). Was gonna do a big brake kit, but thanks to WOL, looks like brakes on my 35" tires may be overkill, so, looking at more lights!

I already have PIAA 540 Driving lights on my windshield mounts. I'm thinking of adding a 10" light bar to mount on my WARN fairlead. Looking at Rigid Industries E Series 10". My question is should I get Flood or Hybrid? Since I have the driving lights, I'm leaning towards the 20 degree flood. Also, does anyone have any experience with the 60 degree diffused? Finally, any benefit to going the amber/yellow, or should I stick with white?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Generally, the rule of thumb is floods down low, driving in the middle, spots up high. You would get the most use out of a flood on a fairlead, and white would be the way to go. Amber is more for being seen rather than seeing, but it does help a bit in foggy or dusty conditions. White will be more useful on more occasions. I have a 10" flood on my fairlead.

bman198

It really depends what other lights you have and what you see yourself doing with them. I have a 50" E-Series across the top of my windshield. I opted for the hybrid and have yet to be disappointed. Personally I think that the hybrid is a better option if you are only planning on having one main accessory light, you really get the best of both worlds with it.

jkjurny

Thanks for the feedback so far. The PIAA 540 driving lights provide pretty descent distance for fast driving. Leaning towards the flood for a wider view on the 10" light bar.

I wasn't aware of the rules of thumb NFR mentioned (Thanks!). So I'm pretty much there with driving at mid-height.

Now the decision is down to Flood or Diffused. Flood would be useful for mid speed driving. Diffused would be useful for rock crawling and for lighting up the camp at night. Not enough videos on youtube to help decide.

jkjurny

So pulled the trigger on the light bar. Going with the flood and white light. Also ordered custom switches and a A-pillar switch mount! Plan to install next weekend!

JKFlyer

So pulled the trigger on the light bar. Going with the flood and white light. Also ordered custom switches and a A-pillar switch mount! Plan to install next weekend!

Nice
I have dually fog floods and hood 10 bar combo. If was on fairlead I would go flood. Here are pics of a pillar and 10 rigid

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1393647846253.jpg
    1393647846253.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 1393647868157.jpg
    1393647868157.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 94

jkjurny

Nice
I have dually fog floods and hood 10 bar combo. If was on fairlead I would go flood. Here are pics of a pillar and 10 rigid

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice! I ordered the same custom switches! I'll post those up when installed. All 4 use the model JK too!

Top Bottom