New to a jk with question on body armor

Chattinfarms

We'll just to appease your minds I've done some searching to no avail. I'm wanting body armor but I do t want to have to drill holes in the body. I'm mainly wanting to use it as dress up cause the most crazy obstacles we have around my area are rocks the size of maybe a 35 inch tire. Do that have anything like this or am I out of luck

Sent from the business end of my jeep

GCM 2

Most body armor is going to install with nutserts which requires a lot of holes.

Yep, what he said /\ /\ /\........ Unfortunately, if you are not bolting it on its probably not even in the body armor category and would be considered an "appliqué" like this piece. Definitely check Quadratec or 4wheel Parts for similar items.

image-2431614320.jpg

Chattinfarms

My problem with drilling holes is really a rust issue. Southern Indiana uses a ton of salt on the roads in the winter and I'm scared that with the holes and a tiny gap behind the panel it will rust like crazy.

Army_Vet

Banned
My problem with drilling holes is really a rust issue. Southern Indiana uses a ton of salt on the roads in the winter and I'm scared that with the holes and a tiny gap behind the panel it will rust like crazy.

RTV is you friend with this issue, plus a good undercoating in spray can form will work wonders.

Other than nut-certs and drilling holes, there is no real options out there.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I think bushwacker makes some plastic "armor" but im sure other than slight looks, its pointless and a waste of money.

Bill S

I think bushwacker makes some plastic "armor" but im sure other than slight looks, its pointless and a waste of money.

They do a great job of covering the dents from the license plate holder. Other than that they just look pretty.

Brankz

Yep, what he said /\ /\ /\........ Unfortunately, if you are not bolting it on its probably not even in the body armor category and would be considered an "appliqué" like this piece. Definitely check Quadratec or 4wheel Parts for similar items.

View attachment 70887

You must be joking if some one will stick this on there JK

dahreno

Banned
Just don't get protection that bolts to the body if you don't want to drill holes. I wouldn't use them either. Get some good sliders that bolt or weld to the frame. They are sturdier anyway.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Not sure if you're looking for cosmetics or protection...but most oil pan armor kits install over the existing oil pan using RTV and/or a couple of bolts.

The oil pan has no protection from the factory...

-Matt

Top Bottom