Eco enforcer install

adleedy

Hello everyone,
I recently ordered a 3" evo enforcer, evo drag link flip, currie rear upper control arms and front and rear coast driveshafts for my 2013 2 door sport. Anyways I was wondering if anyone could give me a list of tools required or tips for the install as I keep most of my tools at my work, which means they are highly inaccessible should something unexpected show up.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Standard tools (wrenches and sockets) for the lift. Metric and US will be needed. Only thing "special" you'll need is a 3 arm puller for your drive shaft yokes.

The flip kit calls for a 13/16 ths bit for drilling out the steering knuckle and it's really hard to find. I used a 7/8 ths bit and haven't had any issues. It's a much easier size to find and isn't much larger.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

adleedy

Standard tools (wrenches and sockets) for the lift. Metric and US will be needed. Only thing "special" you'll need is a 3 arm puller for your drive shaft yokes.

The flip kit calls for a 13/16 ths bit for drilling out the steering knuckle and it's really hard to find. I used a 7/8 ths bit and haven't had any issues. It's a much easier size to find and isn't much larger.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Ok thanks I was under the impression the drag link flip called for A 7/8 drill bit but good to know it should still work

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
You'll need a saws-all to install the rear track bar relocation bracket.

A grinder is useful to knock off the sharp edges.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
The biggest tool you need is Sharkey. :cheesy:

As above, floor jack, jack stands, a bottle jack came in handy, the large drill bit (I found it helpful to start with a step bit), sawzall. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Good luck!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
(I found it helpful to start with a step bit)

Good luck!

Definitely agree to the above!

As for the control arms it was much easier to put them on with the jeep on the ground instead of jacked up. (I have the front control arm skids which I think made the install harder)

Good luck!

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

10frank9

Web Wheeler
We just thought you were eco friendly and planned to recycle your old parts.

:cheesy:

I thought he was the "muscle" for those touchy feely tree-hugger types. Ha!

Btw mentioned before but a good set of TALL jack stands is very helpful. The taller you can get the Jeep, the rosier it is to droop your axles and remove/ install the coils. A good impact wrench is a must for removing and installing your D/S. Good luck I love my EVO Enforcer.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
MTG is too kind. I'm good for drinking honey after the work is done...that's about it.

You will need a torque wrench, sockets, locktite. Step bit will help keep you from messing up the drag link. If you pull your drive shafts first you can easily drop the axels low enough to get the OEM springs out and the new springs in. If not, a bottle jack can be very helpful to push the axel down away from the frame.

Probably want to think about bending your rear hard brake lines up onto the frame. Use whatever tool you feel comfortable with.

Open end wrenches will help hold nuts in place. Ratcheting box wrenches will make removing and installing the front shocks more pleasant, but they aren't mandatory.

Perhaps the best advice I can give you is to review the instructions and think about the process as a whole before you get started. Doing things in the correct logical order will save you hours. For example, loosen your control arm and track bar bolts before you put your Jeep on blocks.

Get a good pen or something similar to mark a line across the bolt heads once torqued. That will make maintenance a lot easier down the road. (I always forget this step and regret it later.)

Having at least three jack stands is a plus.

rdreng

You can get the 13/16 drill bit from Amazon (at least that is where I ordered mine from). They had the bit available from several sources (when I purchased it 3 weeks ago).

Devallee

You can get the 13/16 drill bit from Amazon (at least that is where I ordered mine from). They had the bit available from several sources (when I purchased it 3 weeks ago).
I called a local machine shop and they had one and the guy let me borrow it for the day. Might wanna give that a try first before buying one since that's not a very common bit that would be needed in the future

Top Bottom