Cant take my doors off argh

07rub

so this Saturday. i finally convince my five to take the doors off, me all happy take all the "nuts" off the doors disconnect all the connectors and straps, then ready to pull the doors and nothing gives, now is it something that im doing something wrong or is it rust, any advice??

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
so this Saturday. i finally convince my five to take the doors off, me all happy take all the "nuts" off the doors disconnect all the connectors and straps, then ready to pull the doors and nothing gives, now is it something that im doing something wrong or is it rust, any advice??

spray it with WD40 or something like that. Just make sure you clean it off the paint.

You need to work the door back and forth. Its just stuck:thumb:

kaptkrappy

spray it with WD40 or something like that. Just make sure you clean it off the paint.
You need to work the door back and forth. Its just stuck:thumb:

Like Chris says, spray penetrating lube/oil, work it back and forth, it would help if a second person lifts while the other does the opening and closing.

One more thing. Don't let go of the drivers door while the retaining strap is off. You will end up with the dreaded cowl dent.
I keep mine (cowl dent) covered with a sticker cause I was careless and let the mirror hit the cowl. :doh:

View attachment 3723

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
as mentioned, lube will help out a lot. if you still can't get it. open your door, place a floor jack under it, place a cut down piece of 2x4 standing vertically on the jack and place another horizontally on top of it to protect your door and then, raise the jack a bit to put pressure on the door. rotate the door slightly back and forth and then raise the jack just a bit more and repeat as needed. when the door comes, it'll come quickly so be ready for it.

07rub

I did try the jack this week end but maybe after a few days for the stuff to do its stuff maybe it would work now

BUZNGA

Roll the windows down and just give it a lil lift. Comes right out ;) ok, I don't take off the stock doors cause they're heavy but I do put the trail doors on and off

IMAG1547.jpg

Robar

The Enforcer
lol well ur welcome to come help me this week end to get mine off :D
How far are you opening the doors before you lift up? Open the door about half way or about 45 degrees. They won't come off easily if the door is open to far or not enough.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How far are you opening the doors before you lift up? Open the door about half way or about 45 degrees. They won't come off easily if the door is open to far or not enough.

exactly what he said. at this position and using the jack while rocking the door back and forth, you should be able to get it off. trust me, getting the doors off of vengeance was a real pain but, this method worked.

jktubby

so what is best angle to go at it?

You possibly need to hit the weight room :thinking:. lol jk when i took off my doors i had it open at a 45 degree angle. I then kinda lifted the side away from the mounts a little just to get it straight and lift it right up. 2012s are harder to do cuz we dont have a handle to grab on to like older years. :grayno:

07rub

LOL i dont think its because im week lol. the first time i tried with the jack i was almost lifting the jeep up so i stop cuz i didnt want to bend or brake something

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL i dont think its because im week lol. the first time i tried with the jack i was almost lifting the jeep up so i stop cuz i didnt want to bend or brake something

you really need to keep lifting even after your jeep starts to go up.

DMF

I have a '14. My doors won't come off unless the doors is at least 60 degrees open. But they will still move a little in the pin when the doors are slightly open. So this could be completely different from your issue .

Top Bottom