JK HID's

Voodoo Actual

Any good examples of good HID headlights, fogs, and driving lights from members here?

Which projectors are recommended for the headlights and fogs?

Any pictures?

ssh6314

I use Rebel off roads Hellfire hid kit. Uses the stock housing. Look it up. It's a little spendy, (199 shipped when I bought them.) But works amazingly. Lifetime warranty. Not blinding at all. 1393405517580.jpg
The first image is hids in some Honda stock housing. The second is Hellfires in JK stock housings. I currently use them. And love them. Can't beat the price for what you get.

As for fogs, duallys with the poison spider fog bracket kit work awesome. And the light Color will match (hid/dually)

Sent from my SM-N900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Boji

I used to run the 8000K in my old chevy truck and I loved them, even in the stock housing. But the idea of blueish lights on my red jk didn't feel right so i'm still running stock on it until I get some j.w. speakers or trucklights. Plus here in Mass they are just starting to crack down against HID's when you go to get your car inspected

JKUx

I'm running DDM tuning 6k 55W with slim ballasts and stock housings, looks great and very bright!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393422613.166773.jpg

Aeraun

The DDM tuning kit is the way to go. 55W for headlights, 35W for fogs with stock housings. There is a kit you can find on amazon that is the exact DDM kit for like 15 bucks less than on the DDM site but either way, kit is under $100 and looks great. I helped a fellow Wayalife install a set and they come out great. Time will tell for how long they will last but for that price, definitely worth it.

The Force will be with you.... always

mattfl

The DDM tuning kit is the way to go. 55W for headlights, 35W for fogs with stock housings. There is a kit you can find on amazon that is the exact DDM kit for like 15 bucks less than on the DDM site but either way, kit is under $100 and looks great. I helped a fellow Wayalife install a set and they come out great. Time will tell for how long they will last but for that price, definitely worth it.

Can you link that one? I think I found it on amazon but want to make sure it's the right kit.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
"I use Rebel off roads Hellfire hid kit. Uses the stock housing. Look it up. It's a little spendy, (199 shipped when I bought them.) But works amazingly. Lifetime warranty. Not blinding at all. "

Agreed^^

I run the same setup.......no complaints at all :thumb:

~Woodrow~
image.jpg

Aeraun

annnd one last question, what size bulbs?

Headlights are H13. Gotta get the Hi beam/Lo beam one. The fogs seem to be a little more complicated if you are looking to get those as well. They are H16 but are called a few different things, like PSK24 or something. But an H16 should work correctly.

mattfl

Headlights are H13. Gotta get the Hi beam/Lo beam one. The fogs seem to be a little more complicated if you are looking to get those as well. They are H16 but are called a few different things, like PSK24 or something. But an H16 should work correctly.

Already good with fogs so I don't need those. Thanks!

biggy

If you want a true hid projector headlight then check out hidprojectors.com . I'm very happy with my set.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1393431624345.jpg
    1393431624345.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 502
  • 1393431643444.jpg
    1393431643444.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 502
  • 1393431656722.jpg
    1393431656722.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 503

Aeraun

Those projectors are cool and not to shoot them down or anything, but the JK stock housing was made for HIDs so we get a really nice light pattern with them. Apparently Chrysler was gona give us actually useful headlights then decided to cut costs and say fuck it. So they do look awesome but for anyone who wants HIDs and don't have money for the projectors, stock housings will work fine.

MANUEL

Im also running ddm hids 55w 6000k and love them verry bright and there cheap I paid less than 45 bucks

Firewrangler

Was looking at the H4 option that quadratec has. Its made by KC. I know others make it also. Just wondering if someone can tell me the difference in the HID kit that takes the H13 bulb as apprised to the H4 bulb. Is one bulb better than the other?

dglangan

IMO, I'd skip HIDs and go right to LEDs. Direct plug and play, great beam patterns, amazing brightness, sharp cutoffs, and 10x more reliable than HIDs. I had HIDs I'm my last JK and I decided i'd never go back to them. I have the JW Speaker headlights and fogs and couldn't be happier. The one downside to them is their price :doh: If the JW Speakers aren't in your budget, then look at truck lites and I believe KC makes a direct replacement.

IMG_2535 - Version 2.jpg

Voodoo Actual

IMO, I'd skip HIDs and go right to LEDs. Direct plug and play, great beam patterns, amazing brightness, sharp cutoffs, and 10x more reliable than HIDs. I had HIDs I'm my last JK and I decided i'd never go back to them. I have the JW Speaker headlights and fogs and couldn't be happier. The one downside to them is their price :doh: If the JW Speakers aren't in your budget, then look at truck lites and I believe KC makes a direct replacement.

View attachment 71097

JW Speaker lights are cool. How sis their beam pattern compared to the Truck-Lites?

I looking into HID's because I'm having some issues with my Truck-Lites and Dually's:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=14970

Have you seen much snow with your JW's? How do the JW fogs compare to the Dually's?

dglangan

JW Speaker lights are cool. How sis their beam pattern compared to the Truck-Lites?

I looking into HID's because I'm having some issues with my Truck-Lites and Dually's:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=14970

Have you seen much snow with your JW's? How do the JW fogs compare to the Dually's?

I Live in New York, so I've seen plenty of snow with these headlights. No freezing issues and no snow buildup at all. I guess they warm up just enough to prevent anything from sticking. Don't know how they compare to anything else as I upgraded directly from stock to these. My friend told me that his truck lights are 90% of the performance of my JW Speakers at 75% of the cost, if that makes sense to you. I would imagine the dually's have a similar output because they're also LED.

Heres some pics of the patterns. You can see on the low beam pics that there are two stay flares of light at the top, this was designed by JW Speaker to help illuminate road signs at the side of the road. You can also see how wide they stretch.

Fogs only:
Fogs.jpg

Low beams only:
Low Beams.jpg

High beams only:
High beams.jpg

Fogs and low beams combined:
Fogs and low beams.jpg

Top Bottom