Little mellow local wheeling

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Took my dad out for his first real wheeling experience, my goal was to get him to scream as much as I could. I got him going a few times.

Climbing the first obstacle.

SAM_0104.jpg

The JK in front of me got hung up on a rock and decided to back completely off it and destroyed his Steering Stabilizer, check out the piston!

IMG_20120715_113419.jpg

Here is a pic of us when we peaked, you can see Pyramid Lake off to the left.

PANO_20120715_132137.jpg

This was a guy in a stock Rubi, props to him for taking a 3 month old vehicle out and a guaranteed undercarriage dragfest of a trail.

SAM_0106.jpg

Climbing a super steep section

SAM_0127.jpg

Here's a video of 4 of the 5 JK's going through the first obstacle. I definitely need Hydro Steering Assist, I couldn't get my wheels turned to passenger and had to back it down a bit to get a better line. The last guy is driving a 3 month old stock Rubi, nicknamed OrangeCrush. We renamed it OrangeCrunch after this trip.
Hopefully more video later this week of the some more of the trail.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
It's called Steve's Loop. It's about 20-25 miles north of Reno. Lot's of little side trails that you can explore on too and in the lower areas fun wash type of terrain that you can power through and play Make-Believe-Trophy-Jeep-Truck.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Let me get this straight. That was a "mellow" trail ride? You've got my respect, partner. :thumb:

LOL. Thanks. Hey if a stock JK Rubicon unlimited can get through it, how hard can it be? :brows:

He needed to be winched on the main obstacle though. ;)

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sweet pics LoPo. You're gonna have to show me where this is when I get back in town.

Edit: need mobile version of the vid.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Sweet pics LoPo. You're gonna have to show me where this is when I get back in town.

Edit: need mobile version of the vid.

Thx. I'm game, just let me know when you get back. We can probably run it with just the two of us in about an hour and a half total or longer if want to mess around some of the other trails around there. The video is from one of the other guys on the trip, so I don't have control over Youtube's stupidity. :naw:

Top Bottom