EVO rear fascia help

JKU-Tom

I have the rear fascia and D-rings. So far it is mounted with the two stock bolts and the rear bolt supplied. How the hell do you get the front bolt with the wing nut installed. Obviously, I'm not that talented. Thanks for helping me out again.

Is the the wing nut that goes on the inside of the frame rail? If so an idea might be to use some grease to hold the wing nut in place. If you use grease it will not take much to break it loose. do not apply too much pressure when starting the bolt.

R/
Will

Rooster jk

So do you have to get it in place before you slide the D-ring into the frame?

No...I hammered mine thru the hole up front. It tight as hell but will work. Then u use a screw driver and work it till the tab that's welded on is facing the rear hole and stick ur finger in from the rear hole(lol) to hold in place and line it up over bolt hole. Then put bolt thru and start threads slowly...once started u can let go. Its a little hard. Just some patience and u will get it. Hope this helps

BlueCopper

I've never done this so I'm not sure which bolt you are talking about but.....could you put a piece of tape over the nut to hold it to the frame? Sorry if I'm way off, just an idea.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubicrawl

I have the rear fascia and D-rings. So far it is mounted with the two stock bolts and the rear bolt supplied. How the hell do you get the front bolt with the wing nut installed. Obviously, I'm not that talented. Thanks for helping me out again.

Lol ok this is what drew told me you get vice grips and hold the wing nut you put the fascia on while the nut is inside and the vice grips are sticking out holding the wing nut after you bolt everything together you take the vice grips off and cut off the wing of the nut and your done

utiadam

LOSER
So I've pretty much read all the tips on how to install the front bolt with the wing nut but still can't get it. I have tried vice grips from the rear and the front but can't seem to get the bolt lined up. I've been using a magnet for the last hour or so and have come close a few times but no luck. I'm about to enlarge the opening in the rear of the crossmember 😠. This has seriously got to be one of the most challenging mods and a true test of patience, lol.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I tapped the driver side nut with wing in through the hole on the back of the frame (side towards the rear of the jeep), tapped the nut with wing for the other side in through the hole on the front side of the crossmember (side towards the front of the jeep). Then using a screwdriver I got them facing the right direction and fed the wing part through the openings on the front side of the crossmember to where I could grab them with a finger. Then put the bolt in and started it. I left the wing on and through the holes to help hold the nut for tightening. That was on my 08 and when I traded it in I pulled them off to put on my 2014. That was also without the fascia piece. With the 2014 I think I'm going to get the fascia so idk for sure how to do that. As soon as I get it I'll try to chime in.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I gave up and drilled holes underneath with a step bit just big enough to get my finger in.

utiadam

LOSER
I gave up and drilled holes underneath with a step bit just big enough to get my finger in.

I think that will be the next step! Thanks for that tip. I thought about cutting a hole big enough to pass the nut from underneath but really all I need is to get a finger in there to hold it.

Mudmobeeler - thanks, I'm guessing it is fairly difficult to do without the fascia plate but seems almost impossible with it. Going out to mess with it again shortly.

Top Bottom