broken windshields!

kornchip

Has anyone else had a problem with stuff breaking their windshields? I didn't see another post about it. Ive replaced 3 windshields in 4 years due to rocks flying. Is there anything I could do to prevent this or is it something i will just have to deal with?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Something your most likely going to have to deal with. The flat design makes them even more prone to it happening.

Sent from my iPhone

kornchip

My current windshield broke in October but having both windshield before break in the winter months i decided to wait it out. I guess its just one more thing to love about the wayalife haha

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Right now I travel from Phoenix to Denver and back every 4-6 weeks. The last two trips resulted in new windshields.:doh: $$$'s!!!:mad: It's a cross we have to bear for owning a CJ, YJ, TJ, or JK.:yup:

Right Rudder

Has anyone else had a problem with stuff breaking their windshields? I didn't see another post about it. Ive replaced 3 windshields in 4 years due to rocks flying. Is there anything I could do to prevent this or is it something i will just have to deal with?
Gonna have to deal, i watched a rock fly towards me in traffic and there was nothing I could do with less than 500 miles on my vehicle.

On the bright side when you hit an insect they spread out to the size of a Half-dollar coin.

kornchip

Yeah i got a special squeegie just for getting the bugs off during the spring and summer haha my fiance hates it :yup:

ltdanlj

With as cold as it's been this winter, we have been doing a LOT of windshields... All it takes is one little chip to give a crack some place to start....

Tranquillity

I even heard they were prone to crack if you put your defrost when it's too cold. Never happened to me but to a couple fellow jeeper around me.

I've put near 60k miles on my 2011 and never had a problem with flying rocks but I did change my driving style. I drive slow, 90 km/h (guess it's about 50 mph) so I have almost never no one in front of me.

kornchip

Yeah with my first windshield a rock hit on the bottom passenger side. The next morning it was maybe 10 degrees out and i put on my defrosters on my way to work. By the time i got to work the it worked its way almost all the way across. Kinda like that feeling while you watch money slowly come out of your account at the gas pump.

utiadam

LOSER
I had a chip in my windshield the last few months at the lower driver side next to my A pillar dually light and I took it to get repaired last week. As it was getting repaired they told me it spread on them and that I would need a new windshield. I spoke to my insurance and they told me it would be my $500 deductible. I thought that was crazy. I got a quote through my work to see what my cost would be out of pocket. For a factory Jeep glass installed my cost is only $350 (I love working for dealers but I dont work for Jeep). I added $0 deductible glass coverage to my policy for about $6 more per month.

kornchip

Cant argue with that my friend. Judging by my track record that seems like an easy decision thanks for the input.

jhires

Quite simply my windshield is illegal because it has so many cracks started from rock chips. If I replaced it every time a new crack showed up, I'd be sitting at one windshield per oil change. First one happened within the first 100 miles.

My wife's Jeep also has a crack in her windshield that started with a rock chip at about 1000 miles.

bmwegr

There words: insurance glass coverage

Two in 6 months.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

kornchip

I didnt see anything on windshields on here so Im partially glad its not just a curse of bad luck for me haha

Top Bottom