Enforcer status

Aeraun

I've had my 3" Enforced kit for a couple of months or so now and I like it. The stance and height is really nice and the ride is pretty sweet. However, my rear axle is off center by 1/2" toward driver side. I put my Daystar rear spacer back in to even the height and to see if it would help center the axle at all and no dice. Height is nice and even but still off center. I know 1/2" isn't much but without any extra load I don't think my rig should sit that way. Is there a different rear track bar bracket for the 3" lift vs 4" and maybe I have the wrong one? I bought a JKS adjustable track bar but it doesn't adjust any shorter than a stock so that won't work.

On another note, not sure if this should be a separate issue, but I have a crazy pull driver side. Its doesn't appear that anything is bent but my thrust angle is slightly off. My LCAs are the exact same length and again, nothing is bent or broke that I have been able to find. I know these suspensions aren't the most precise but I'm just in the mindset of if nothing is broke they everything should be where is needs to be. Any thoughts?

The Force will be with you.... always

Did you put the rear track bar relocation bracket in the right place? Not trying to say you did. I had an issue with my front track bar and went with an adjustable one.

As for the pull to the left I do not know what could case it all of a sudden. I have a slight tug to the left but it is caused by two things the road I am on and my tires track to the left.

I have the 3 in plush rides and love them.

R/

Will

TheDuff

Sure your not just feeling the normal pull created by a steering stabilizer?

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
My rear axle was offset somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2" after I put my 4" on. The only thing I was worried about was how close the upper sway-bar link bolt was to the tire. I ended up putting wheel spacers on because of the front rubbing and I had no more worries.

It's my understanding that depending on how much weight you have on your Jeep, bumpers, etc. your axles may never be 100% centered. But as long as your alignment is good you should be fine.

The issue with the pull to the driver side could be related to the lifting process. You might check your alignment with the do it yourself alignment write up. Here's the link http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

Good luck!

Aeraun

Sure your not just feeling the normal pull created by a steering stabilizer?

Definitely not. Its way too significant to be.

My rear axle was offset somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2" after I put my 4" on. The only thing I was worried about was how close the upper sway-bar link bolt was to the tire. I ended up putting wheel spacers on because of the front rubbing and I had no more worries.

It's my understanding that depending on how much weight you have on your Jeep, bumpers, etc. your axles may never be 100% centered. But as long as your alignment is good you should be fine.

The issue with the pull to the driver side could be related to the lifting process. You might check your alignment with the do it yourself alignment write up. Here's the link http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

Good luck!

Thanks. I get that depending on load the axle could be off but its the fact that its off without load in the direction that load puts it. I have stock bumpers still and 33"s. I'm just concerned that something isn't right but if the Enforcer sits this way then I guess I'll deal with it. You're the first to tell me they experienced something similar so I was thinking more along the lines of something's wrong

TheDuff

Have you checked your toe? It should be 1/8" of toe IN. I have a alignment place that gave me toe out and was horrible. Checked ball joints for play? Could also try moving a couple tires around.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
You're the first to tell me they experienced something similar so I was thinking more along the lines of something's wrong

I can definitely say that I have never had any issues arise from the slight offset. Mine was offset towards the drivers side also.

:beer:

09blackruby

I had the same issue with my 2.5 Terraflex lift. With my stock track bar and the terra track bar bracket the axel was still off and no adjustment left. I thought I would be able to fix it by getting an adjustable track bar. I purchased the Jks adjustable and still the same problem. Jks track bar would not adjust any smaller. I ended up removing the track bar bracket all together and running the adjustable alone and was able to center the axel. U could try that just to see if it helps your steering pull.

09blackruby

I had the same issue with my 2.5 Terraflex lift. With my stock track bar and the terra track bar bracket the axel was still off and no adjustment left. I thought I would be able to fix it by getting an adjustable track bar. I purchased the Jks adjustable and still the same problem. Jks track bar would not adjust any smaller. I ended up removing the track bar bracket all together and running the adjustable alone and was able to center the axel. U could try that just to see if it helps your steering pull.

Let me finish by saying that this didn't fix a steering issue or a steering pull, I don't believe I had one. It just centered my rear axel and put my OCD to rest.

Aeraun

Have you checked your toe? It should be 1/8" of toe IN. I have a alignment place that gave me toe out and was horrible. Checked ball joints for play? Could also try moving a couple tires around.

Toe is good, tires were rotated not too long ago. I even have a couple psi less in front passenger side tire and still pulls driver. I have to check the ball joints.

I can definitely say that I have never had any issues arise from the slight offset. Mine was offset towards the drivers side also.

:beer:

I'm probably eventually going 4" and I figured going sooner rather than later to see if the extra lift will help but guess not. If it continues to bother me I'll have to get a different bracket I guess. Thanks for the input

Can't do that cuz the Enforcer bracket required me to cut off stock one.

Aeraun

Now that I am aware of 1 other person that has an off center rear axle with the Enforcer have (m)any others also experienced this? And what solutions were applied if any?

Roscoj

I have the double d kit and a jks rear trackbar. Mine was off to 1/2" to driver side (so I needed 1/4" shorter trackbar). I have the 4" kit. I took out the rear jks trackbar. Unthreaded the end to remove the jam nut. Centered the axle. Took a measurement then I screwed the end back in without the jam nut on to see if it would collapse short enough without bottoming out the threads. I could screw it in another 3/8". So I un crewed the end again cut 3/8" off the trackbar reinstalled the end with jam nut and set to my measurement. Axle is now centered.
A side note. My jeep pulled to the right and i fixed it by lowering tire pressure. All 5 to 30 psi. My tires were over inflated about 38 psi.

Last edited:
Top Bottom