Turned off HSA.

jkuone

Didn't know my 13 jku auto, had hill start asst ? Turned it off today jeep seems to drive better Like less drag or something ! Anybody else done this ?

bl17z90

A friend tried it out in her Rubi last summer and didn't like it because she felt like she had no control over the Jeep. I don't have it but i think i would feel the same way, I don't want my Jeep braking unless I push the pedal.

904Jeep

Are you sure you aren't referring to Hill Descent Control (HDC). HSA should only kick in when on a grade considerable enough to allow the vehicle to roll back. On other vehicles I have driven with this feature the application of brakes went unnoticed to me. HDC on the other hand allows you to pick the rate at which you descend on a grade and will automatically apply brakes or utilize engine braking to maintain that speed. Personally I prefer to use my foot and low gearing to control my descents.

Army_Vet

Banned
I turned mine off, but it didn't feel any different from a driving point of view.

Its all electronic activation, nothing mechanical so I cant see anything dragging.

jkuone

So the two systems are linked together, hsa & hdc ?.I was just going thru menu in Personal settings and noticed it.not sure why a Auto trany would have that? ( HSA ) oh well I'll drive it couple days see how it go's...

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Reading in the manual (always a good place to start btw) it says that the Jeep will hold the brakes for about 2 seconds after you lift off the pedal to keep the car from rolling back or really placing unneeded stress on your transmission. Yes, it's an auto so it shouldn't roll back, but I think it's more for the tranny than anything. I like that feature and have never once "noticed" it in a negative way.

If you think you are noticing a difference when it's off, perhaps there's something you'd want your dealer to investigate or you might end up with worn brake pads and higher trans temps if there's slight friction on all the time.

My :twocents:

mtnbiker995

Turning that off was probably the best thing I've ever done...it's a pain in the ass driving a stick shift when the jeep holds you at a standstill after letting go of the brakes. Maybe it would be helpful if it only held you for .5 seconds but 2 seconds is way to far over the too to be useful in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Reading in the manual (always a good place to start btw) it says that the Jeep will hold the brakes for about 2 seconds after you lift off the pedal to keep the car from rolling back or really placing unneeded stress on your transmission. Yes, it's an auto so it shouldn't roll back, but I think it's more for the tranny than anything. I like that feature and have never once "noticed" it in a negative way.

If you think you are noticing a difference when it's off, perhaps there's something you'd want your dealer to investigate or you might end up with worn brake pads and higher trans temps if there's slight friction on all the time.

My :twocents:

agreed^^^ i love it. works well on the steep hills at traffic lights we have my area. it makes it so i dont have to double pedel at a light or worry about rolling backwords.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
autos roll backwards? I used it when I first got my jeep since I thought it was interesting, but then turned it off since I dont need it. On huge hills I just hope people arnt dumb enough to be super close to me or I may just roll right over them.

904Jeep

An auto can roll backwards if the incline is steep enough and you are not holding the brakes while sitting at a stop

jkuone

Well geez guys you think I should turn it back on ? I mean I don't sit at a stop light, or on a hill in gear without my foot on the brake. IDK.....Do think it really helps with wear & tear on tranny ?

trailless

Caught the Bug
I don't even notice it. It doesn't hold the brakes for a whole 2 seconds. The moment you press the gas, the brakes are released.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

funfred

I don't understand a MFG compensating for people's inability to operate machinery. Thankfully, it can be turned off.

Now, about that ABS system BS...:D

jkuone

AH HA, Called dealership they said it is just another gizmo for idiots that can't drive a stick or Auto lol......

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I don't even notice it. It doesn't hold the brakes for a whole 2 seconds. The moment you press the gas, the brakes are released.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, you are correct. It holds them up to two seconds until you press the gas. You win the "I read my manual" award! :thumb:

jkuone

:cheesy: thats pretty funny. that being said how did you turn it off? lol

Press menu button on steering wheel, go to personal settings scroll down till U come to Hill start Ass go to off and done ! Be careful right next to that is the ......... Mode don't touch that !...:eek:

Top Bottom