Steering Upgrade Help

FastZach

I have a 2014 JKUR with a 3.5" RK X-Factor lift and 35" Nitto muds. Haven't done anything to the steering yet and I'm still running the stock stabilizer. It seems like the Jeep wanders a little bit when going above 45 MPH. What can I do to fix it? And also how vulnerable are the stock steering components? What would be some good upgrade to do? Any help is appreciated.

image.jpg

dglangan

I have a 2014 JKUR with a 3.5" RK X-Factor lift and 35" Nitto muds. Haven't done anything to the steering yet and I'm still running the stock stabilizer. It seems like the Jeep wanders a little bit when going above 45 MPH. What can I do to fix it? And also how vulnerable are the stock steering components? What would be some good upgrade to do? Any help is appreciated.

View attachment 71300

I was noticing the same thing after I got my 2.5" RK lift and 35" Nitto trail grapplers. After a bunch of research, and wondering if it was really worth the extreme price tag, I decided to change out my factory steering stabilizer for the Fox 2.0 ATS stabilizer. No regrets. It doesn't push one way or the other and makes highway driving much more bearable. No more wandering. It's also completely adjustable :D

Fox.jpg

Haven't really had any issues with any steering components getting damaged on the trails, but theres always the possibility!

Sithwindu

View attachment 71300

I ha the same problem, somewhat, I took the air out of my tires to about 28psi (discount had them at 58) and my ride got WAAAAAY better might wanna give that a try too. (On a Rk lift with 35 mud grapplers)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Sounds like you may not have enough positive caster. What do you have your set at?

Top Bottom