Metal cloak game changer arb edition - let's see pics!!

JArnold

I'm about to pull the trigger on the GameChanger ARB edition and would love to see some pics and reviews from those who have this kit! Thanks everyone!!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I've got it. Install to begin shortly. If you want any pics of the components themselves, let me know and I'm happy to post some up.

Gives me a reason to go look longingly at the boxes in my office I have no time to do anything with... :grayno:

EDIT: And be prepared to hear some negative opinions as Cozdude inferred. Just take it all with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

RubiconX

On my JKU I installed the OME Long Travel kit that Northridge4x4 has a package price on. I couldn't be happier with it. Ride is better than stock and it stretches like a gorilla offroad.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
EDIT: And be prepared to hear some negative opinions as Cozdude inferred. Just take it all with a grain of salt.

:cheesy: Likewise, I would say to be prepared to hear some positive opinions inferred by guys like you that have no experience running anything better and that what they have to say should be taken with a grain of salt :yup:

On my JKU I installed the OME Long Travel kit that Northridge4x4 has a package price on. I couldn't be happier with it. Ride is better than stock and it stretches like a gorilla offroad.

Other than stock, what else have you installed and tested on your Jeep?

munstie

I know one person running the game changer and there. Six Pack shocks, he loves it but, just seems like a lot more to go wrong with the shocks to me .

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

JArnold

I know that this forum has a ton of ppl who are evo fans and rightfully so. I've looked into the enforcer package also. It just doesn't seem to be as complete. I would love to do the kings + evo long arm but that's way out of my price range.

Can you post some pics? I'd really love to see this Baboon you speak of. Actually, nevermind the lift, let's see the shocks:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know one person running the game changer and there. Six Pack shocks, he loves it but, just seems like a lot more to go wrong with the shocks to me .

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

The ARB edition doesn't come with the gimmicky overpriced shocks that are strapped end on end - it comes with OME long travel shocks. I've run the LT shocks and we're exactly thrilled by them but, that's just me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know that this forum has a ton of ppl who are evo fans and rightfully so. I've looked into the enforcer package also. It just doesn't seem to be as complete. I would love to do the kings + evo long arm but that's way out of my price range.

First off, nobody I know has said that you should get an EVO Enforcer kit but for upwards of $2,500, you could easily make it more complete. Second, if you're really willing to settle for basic OME LT shocks, why wouldn't you do the same with the Enforcer kit? The King shocks are not required to get and changing them out for something else would save you a lot of money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other but, when you say something like people "are evo fans and rightfully so", I can only assume that you would rather go with their kit. If I'm wrong here, you can let me know.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: Likewise, I would say to be prepared to hear some positive opinions inferred by guys that have no experience running anything better and that what they have to say should be taken with a grain of salt :yup:

LOL, I think you might be preemptively saying that an opinion given by myself is not so much a true opinion on the kit in question, but rather an opinion on why the one I like is better than another.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LOL, I think you might be preemptively saying that an opinion given by myself is not so much a true opinion on the kit in question, but rather an opinion on why the one I like is better than another.

Have you run the kit? If not then you have no experience with it right? You could say shipping was good or the package looks nice but nothing else.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Have you run the kit? If not then you have no experience with it right? You could say shipping was good or the package looks nice but nothing else.

Haha, you're absolutely right! But why would I wade into a discussion about something I have no experience. **cough cough**
In fact all I offered to do was post up some pictures of uninstalled parts.

JArnold

No, you're correct. As far as brands go, I have no experience with mc. Evo I do. Mel is an awesome guy and always super helpful.

I'm definitely up for hearing about the enforcer kit. I just wish it came with more than just the lower front control arms

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
No, you're correct. As far as brands go, I have no experience with mc. Evo I do. Mel is an awesome guy and always super helpful.

I'm definitely up for hearing about the enforcer kit. I just wish it came with more than just the lower front control arms

In all honesty they are all you need. If you have an aftermarket rear shaft then you can add rear uppers to fix your pinion angle. I would get currie arms as they use Johnny joints like the EVO arms do. Other than that it's a pretty complete kit

Sent from my iPhone

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: What?? Sorry, you completely lost me. An opinion is just that - an opinion. You say that anyone who would have anything negative to say about the kit you chose to buy should be "taken with a grain of salt" and I'm saying that your positive opinion of it should be taken with the same grain of salt. ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, you're absolutely right! But why would I wade into a discussion about something I have no experience. **cough cough**

In fact all I offered to do was post up some pictures of uninstalled parts.

Oh please, had you done that, I wouldn't have even bothered to chime in on this thread. Fact of the matter is, you felt it necessary to preemptively defend your beloved kit and by letting the OP know that "negative opinions" were coming his way and that they should just be taken "with a grain of salt". :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Well, the kit just comes with what you need. I personally would recommend that you add the drag link flip kit and if you have a 2-door, get a set of Currie rear adjustable control arms. The factory front uppers and rear lowers work well and don't really need to be replaced even when running something like coil overs. piginajeep is running that setup now.

kimer82

so.... noone has the kits installed with their funny looking six pack shocks??
damn... i really wanted to hear what actual users (not road warriors) have to say about MC suspension and how they perform.
interesting idea but would like to know if those shocks can hold up on years of abuse and if it is re-buildable.

Top Bottom