Exhaust advise.

bl17z90

I know for sure that I want an Dynomax setup but I'm not really sure which.

I want one with a low mildly loud rumble. I am also more interested the ones that don't go all the way back to the rear of the Jeep.

Any recommendations would be great. I have a 2010 2 door.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The evolution is loud. If you don't want loud skip that one. I forget what the next series down is but that's probably a better solution.

bl17z90

The evolution is loud. If you don't want loud skip that one. I forget what the next series down is but that's probably a better solution.

The evolution is the one Rubicat has right? Based on the video Eddie put up, it didn't seem too loud durring the in cab part.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The evolution is the one Rubicat has right? Based on the video Eddie put up, it didn't seem too loud durring the in cab part.

Videos don't do it justice but it's louder on a two door. I'll try and take one when I go out later.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Yes it is. I know you said you don't want one to come out the back but take a look at the rock crawler one. That's the one Jim (Hinrich) runs and the one I will hopefully be getting. It's an axle back and exits on the driver side.

Sent from my iPhone

bl17z90

Yes it is. I know you said you don't want one to come out the back but take a look at the rock crawler one. That's the one Jim (Hinrich) runs and the one I will hopefully be getting. It's an axle back and exits on the driver side.

Sent from my iPhone

Rock crawler as in the lift kit company or theres a setup they sell called the rock crawler.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Rock crawler as in the lift kit company or theres a setup they sell called the rock crawler.

Lol no the set up is called rock crawler by dynomax. It's a high clearance design over the axle is all.

Sent from my iPhone

munstie

I'm running the rock crawler as well and love the sound of it. Thanks again Dynomax and Wayalife. :thumbup:

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

bl17z90

How loud is it? I want something that I can hear while driving but now something that could be heard over mud grapplers :bleh:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How loud is it? I want something that I can hear while driving but now something that could be heard over mud grapplers :bleh:

Nothing can be heard over mud grapplers lol in all seriousness it's loud but not to loud. I can hear Jim's well when I drive behind him. Maybe he will chime in on how loud it actually is cause it's been a while since I was in his jeep

Sent from my iPhone

bl17z90

Nothing can be heard over mud grapplers lol in all seriousness it's loud but not to loud. I can hear Jim's well when I drive behind him. Maybe he will chime in on how loud it actually is cause it's been a while since I was in his jeep

Sent from my iPhone

He could give me a good comparison since he has trail grapplers too. They are a quiet tire yeah but I can still hear them, I just want my exhaust to be louder. :yup:

SaddleTramp

Interested in this too.

Know there are a number of other threads out there and it's about as subjective as lift/coils but I would like to get rid of a little weight in the ass end and that big rock magnet stock muffler with a pre axle set up. I was all set to get the Dyno Evo but keep hearing others say how loud it can be and haven't been able to hear one in person.

Does the extended pipe of the "rock crawler" make a difference with a little quieter drive?

Top Bottom