BTF flat fenders

Woody3

Hi all,

I'm hoping one or some of you can help me out. I've recently found a pretty good deal on some BTF DIY fenders but they are for a YJ (I own a TJ). Do any of you know if they will work for me? I've looked on their website and the fenders for YJs and TJs are different.
I do weld and am an ok fabricator but also don't want to recreate them when I can spend another 50 and have the correct fenders.

Help.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

staud11

You should be able to make them fit.. I would call the company and see if they think its possible. Hopefully they don't just BS you and say no, so you buy the tj set. Or just spend the extra $ and make life a lot easier! Good luck!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Woody3

Yeah, I'm leaning towards just buying the tj set. Just weighing my options.

Woody3

Anyone have any experience with CCFabs.com? I see they have a fully welded flat fender set (hood line) that allows the use of your stock inner fenders for $300.00. Seems like a good price but I've never heard of this company. Leery to buy from an unknown source. :D

staud11

I am actually running c&c's tube fenders! I have had them for about a year now and love them. The welds are solid; The only thing that bothers me is when you cut your inner fender to fit the tube fenders on, it leaves a gap. I plan on welding plates over them to clean them up. Ill try to find a pic showing what im saying.

Woody3

A gap between the "new" fender and the old fender where you cut it? Like the new fender sits a tad higher than your old one?

Thank you very much for your help and for sharing your experience with the fenders.

staud11

You can kinda see it in this one...

Attachments

• 1393743870962.jpg
    1393743870962.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 218

Woody3

I see what you mean..... Where the angle is, the sheet metal from the inner fender doesn't lay flat against the tube.

I wonder if a piece of 1" flat bar would work. Sandwich the sheet metal between the flat bar and the tube.

What do you think?

staud11

Yea that is kind of what I have in mind.. Basically just get a thin piece of steel and weld it to the tube fender then drill holes in the other end and bolt it to the inner fender. Kind of like how smitty built designed theirs.

Woody3

Awesome!!! Think I'll order the 3" hoodline fenders on Monday.

Thanks for your help.

Woody3

Btw, how was the install of the fenders? Easy-hard. How long did it take you?

staud11

If im not mistaken, the hood line fenders will require you to cut the hood right? Kinda like a highline fender.

Woody3

No, the hood line fenders outside edge matches the curve of your hood instead of being straight.

staud11

The install was fairly easy! Honestly the hardest part was growing the sac to cut into my perfect stock fenders lol. You may need to cut your battery tray down a little bit to fit the tubes. Trying to get the back of the fenders connected to the jeep was a pain as well.

Woody3

Cool. I watched their instructional video but it skipped over some parts like the final tweaking/trimming part and actually bolting it up. I figured those were probably the most difficult parts. Lol

Woody3

Are you staying up to watch the video release or something? It's late in FL.

staud11

Yea for sure! Good luck! Post pics of the final product :)

Woody3

Will do. I plan on doing a full write up of the install.
Never know, it may help someone else like me at some later date, and that's why we're all here. :D

staud11

Video release? Na I have to be at an airport in 3 hours so I figured ill just stay up. Probably not the best idea lol

Top Bottom