2010 JK Mopar catalytic converter

jelliott076

I dropped of my rig this morning for a seemingly simple check engine light. Turns out my catalytic converter is shot or on it's way out. Due to the CARB rules in the Communist state of California I have to go with the OEM Mopar catalytic converter. The lowest price I've found is $850.

Is there any thing cheaper out there that is CARB compliant?

What is the absolute worst thing that could happen if I don't fix this right away? say for a month while I squirrel away the cash?

I am so ready to leave this state!

Asinine

How many miles? It's a 7 yrs / 70k miles warranty on the emissions components (as I understand it).

MagnaFlow et al make CARB compliant cats for much less, but I don't know the exact replacement rules. You don't have to move entirely out of state, just move to a county without bi-annual inspections ;-)

jelliott076

I'm fairly certain I shrugged the warranty off when I installed the RIPP SuperCharger and Magna Flow exhaust. I will inquire though.
Its only got 58000 on it. And now where near 7rs. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jelliott076

If you don't need an emissions test in the next month you should be OK.

I may in September. My concern is more long term effects on the engine and the overall cost. I'm getting my ass kicked on taxes this year and frankly can't afford shoelaces.

Do you know if a 2008 Cat would fit on my 10? Reason I ask is there are several CARB friendly Flowmaster and other brands. They're substantially cheaper than oem.

Moochie

I may in September. My concern is more long term effects on the engine and the overall cost. I'm getting my ass kicked on taxes this year and frankly can't afford shoelaces.

Do you know if a 2008 Cat would fit on my 10? Reason I ask is there are several CARB friendly Flowmaster and other brands. They're substantially cheaper than oem.

I'm not sure. My guess is it would. I bet an exhaust shop could confirm.

TheDuff

No problem Josh, hope you find a aftermarket one:thumbup:

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brankz

You can use mine for the test and when you pass it give it back

Brankz

That's extremely generous Branko! I think I'll be good by then but really appreciate it.

Yea sure, if you ever need it let me know.

By the way I know a place that for 100 bucks they pass you too ;) lol

Top Bottom